Apple Music's Mix playlists.

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by StonewallBrown, Sep 3, 2016.

1. StonewallBrown macrumors regular

StonewallBrown

i know that it's subjective, but I am really enjoying them. From the new music mix to the favorites mix, they seem to be well tailored to my tastes. The My Favorite Mix is a pleasant surprise. I don't remember that playlist being mentioned at WWDC.

Is everyone else enjoying the new mixes?

2. jhagg macrumors member

jhagg

Did not try them yet, but thanks to you it's on my list! Have been re-working my outdated iTunes library so gives me something to listen to during that project!

3. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Well, I curate mix playlist myself.
    Don't trust/believe those Apple Music curators and don't think they will find my taste.
    I do use those playlists for discovery though.

4. Speechless macrumors 6502a

I'm on song one and already obsessed with the selection.

FINALLY. They got this right.

5. StonewallBrown thread starter macrumors regular

StonewallBrown

They are brand new playlists, released last yesterday/early this morning. My tastes are literally almost all genres, and Apple Music seems to have captured my tastes. Like I said in OP, it's obviously highly subjective.

6. MLVC macrumors 6502a

MLVC

I love them, they did a really good job on these. I'm already looking forward to Wednesday (new Fav Mix) and Friday (new New Music Mix)

7. StonewallBrown thread starter macrumors regular

StonewallBrown

I've also noticed a buttload of new curated artist playlists. It's like Apple flipped a switch last night and turned on a bunch of playlists.

8. Dj64Mk7 macrumors 6502a

It's interesting that Apple released all this last night, without an iOS update. I guess that makes sense though, since Apple Music is basically a bunch Web content packaged under the neatness of a highly customized UI.

9. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Is there any way to customize them. For instance I have and listen to a lot of classical music but DON'T want to have it mixed in or recommended. I want the curated New & Favorites to only reflect current pop/rock/alt music.

10. StonewallBrown thread starter macrumors regular

StonewallBrown

I wish I could help you. Not sure if you are the same poster, but someone else had the same problem. There were lots of possible solutions, but none that worked for that particular person. If you aren't that poster, let me know. I'll search for the thread that had some possible solutions.

If I was you, I would definitely send Apple feedback. While not a widespread problem, I could see it affecting enough to warrant an official solution.

11. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Yeah. Highly subjective. I cannot agree more.

12. StonewallBrown thread starter macrumors regular

StonewallBrown

To each their own. Sorry it doesn't work for you.

13. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

No need to say sorry to me.
    Eventually it is apple which does not build a product working on me. :)

14. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

KeanosMagicHat

Pleased it's working for you.

For me, I'd prefer if I could just find all of My Favourites in one sortable list on demand.

15. StonewallBrown thread starter macrumors regular

StonewallBrown

That would definitely be a nice addition. For a first attempt, it's doesn't seem like a bad start. I'm sure as their system gets "smarter", and constantly updating playlist will be possible.