Apple "Nano" Watch is the same size as the 42mm!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Spendlove, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Spendlove macrumors 6502

Spendlove

I have been wearing the old iPod nano 6 as a watch for years now and I love it. It generates huge interest in it, I am always getting compliments and questions.

The Apple Watch is going to freak people out totally! :apple:

I did however notice that the case I have it in makes it exactly the same size as the real Apple Watch 42mm. Depth, length.

I can't wait for my space grey Sport!

2. AJsAWiz, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015

AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Yep

LOL
    I wore my iPad Nano on my wrist to simulate the 42 mm Apple Watch for a few days before the Pre Ordering opened up. I discovered that the 42 mm Apple Watch is too large for me (didn't rely solely in the Nano but did the try on at the Apple Store, which confirmed what I thought) so I'm getting the 38 mm.

3. technosix macrumors 6502a

The nano watch has style, it's better looking than the plain rather boring Apple Watch. I bought the Apple Watch just for the fun of the experience, certainly not because it's a stylish timepiece.

Yet I must say everything about Apple Watch is so plain and conservative I'd never guess Apple had a designer the caliber of J Ive on staff. The Watch is nothing more than a rectangle. Those who lavish praise are revealing they've never seen a stylish watch.

4. Spendlove thread starter macrumors 6502

Spendlove

I am afraid to say my Nano will now just be a plain old boring iPod relegated to being stuck in a dock.

It has served me well. Faithful warhorse.

Bring on the new blood on the 24th! :p

5. MacSE1987 macrumors newbie

They do look close to the same size. The Nano screen is a bit bigger though. I've been having fun with my Nano since the Apple Watch launch.

Attached Files:

6. Spendlove thread starter macrumors 6502

Spendlove

Me too. Especially when you take it off and show people the Apple logo underneath.

No one can believe it.

7. shenfrey macrumors 68000

I think it looks silly to be honest, the nano that is.

8. kovey macrumors 6502a

You need glasses if you think those two are the same size.

9. DJTJ macrumors regular

thats what I was thinking... the nano looks HUGE compared to the apple watch