All iPads Apple need reposition the TouchID on iPads

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MisakixMikasa, Oct 17, 2014.

1. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

It is logical to put TouchID on where tr home bottom is on iPhone. Because that is where your thumbs are when you holding it. On iPad, not so much.

TouchID meant the easy way to do things. However in order for you to reach this sensor, you need repositing the entire iPad or stretch your finger. It realky defeats the purpose.

Yes, you can authentic your Appple Store purchases, Apple Pay purchase, however every time you need do so, you need to repositing the iPad, this is not very cool.

I am also not too sure how useful TouchID on iPads. It seems without NFC, Apple Pay on iPad is pretty much half backed. Also Apple could expand functionalities of this NFC chip in later software update, without NFC onboard, it seems iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3 gonna miss added functionalities.

That just me. I do really think TouchID need at somewhere more easy to reach.

2. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

So what do you think is the ideal location?

3. 617aircav Suspended

Nonsense. Before Touch ID you would have to enter a password. This is so much easier.

4. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I always switch on my iDevices by pressing the home button, so it's in the perfect spot on the iPad

5. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Why would you need to reposition the iPad? the iPad doesn't need to be in portrait for TouchID to work.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93