Apple need to produce a wired mouse/trackpad for Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mungo2k, Jul 12, 2011.

1. mungo2k macrumors member

I maintain some publicly used iMacs in a University and there's no way we can use wireless mice/trackpads as they would be stolen, and even if they weren't I'd have to replace batteries all the time.

And, the Lion experience is compromised if you have to use a wired Apple Mouse. Full-Screen Apps are a pain because you have to click into Mission Control to get to another page - there doesn't seem to be any key/click combinations to scroll left or right, and Cmd+` no longer seems to work for toggling between windows within an app.

So when I upgrade the Mac suites to Lion, I'll either have to disable full screen apps (if possible) or at least recommend that people don't use them.

Apple really need to release a wired Magic Trackpad, so that public computers could use them. Never mind that silly no-wires philosophy, there are occasions when they are necessary.

2. Frosties, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011

Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Tried locking the hardware down? If there is not any locking hardware for sale that fits just manufacture the frame by yourself on the university.

You don't have to use apple's mouse and keyboard btw. So what if gestures is not used in UI. It's not the end of the world.

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Couldn't they then just take them out of the USB port? :p
    Anyway, I'm sure there is a Kensington-lock like solution. Also, that Magic Pad or whatever it was that charges the Magic Mice could be useful.

EDIT: The Mobee Magic Charger: http://www.mobeetechnology.com/

4. mac.fly macrumors regular

mac.fly

I also would prefer a wired version of the trackpad, just to minimize the electromagnetic smog. Are there wired trackpad alternatives?