Apple needs a SVP for Cloud and Platforms

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Rogifan, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I've said for quite some time now that Apple needs a SVP overseeing their backend cloud services along with Siri and Maps. I still think this is necessary in this person and their org would also be an instrumental part of Apple's car project. Now that we have watchOS and tvOS I really think it's time for Cook to hire an SVP of Platforms. This person would have high level of responsibility for all four of Apple's platforms along with developer relations and App Store editorial. Let this person and their org be the outward face to Mac and iOS developers. Task this person with ensuring the best, high quality apps come to the iPad Pro even if that requires shaking up existing business models by including trials and upgrade pricing.

We saw from the event last week that Apple's engineering teams appeared to be firing on all cylinders right now. But that's not the case across the company IMO. A big iPad with great hardware is useless if it doesn't have great software to go with it. IMO Apple needs a dedicated team at the highest level ensuring developers want to develop for Apple's platforms first, and that its financially sustainable to do so.

2. benzslrpee macrumors 6502

benzslrpee

is this need somehow not covered between Eddie C. and Craig F.? C has cloud services and F has software.