Apple needs help from Google

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by lke, Jan 11, 2015.

1. lke macrumors 6502a

Apple needs help from Google because spotlight search in IOS 8 is one of the worst things ever.

I always have issues finding an app, a lot of times when I search an app name I don't find it.

Why it is so bad the search option in IOS 8, what Apple has done to search because I always have issues.

Sometimes the only option I have is to open the app from the apps I already open, or I hate to browse thru all my apps to open an app.

The first option I have in Spotlight Search options is Applications and I have disable Spotlight Suggestions because that makes everything slower.

I have only issues with search in IOS 8, never before I have issues searching an app. I have this issue also on my ipad.

Please Apple fix this issue or call Google to use their search algorithm in IOS 8 because your search is the worst ever.

2. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Cool your boots...

It's just a bug that appeared a few builds ago. 8.1.3 appears to have resolved it for the most part. Looks like the handset needs a power cycle to reindex before it behaves correctly.

Spotlight in the previous 10.10.2 build was broken until the latest

3. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Google and Apple go out of their way to appear to publicly hate each other. But here is the reality:

There is a room somewhere in the world with a handful of people who control everything. Apple, Google, Samsung, etc, are all controlled by the same people. They sue each other just to keep the public loyal, but in the end, it's a total monopoly from the secret handful.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

That's an oligopoly, not a monopoly. Mono means "one".