Apple needs to add an icon for notifications

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xxxsteveoxxx, Oct 16, 2011.

1. xxxsteveoxxx macrumors member

xxxsteveoxxx

The notification center is awesome.. The only problem I have is that if you have a notification the only way you can know is if you pull down the menu and check. Apple should take another card from android and put a number in the very top icon bar that represents how many un seen notifications there are.. What do you think?

2. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Completely agree. That's why I will wait to jailbreak and install lockinfo and be able to have this feature. If we wait for apple to do it, might be iOS6 or 7 before we see it.

3. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

I think the idea is that if you're using the iPhone, you'll see the banner or alert and hear the sound. If you're not using the iPhone, the notification will appear on the lock screen.

4. xxxsteveoxxx thread starter macrumors member

xxxsteveoxxx

The notification will appear for a short time then it will go away and the next time you unlock your phone you have no idea there is a notification until you pull down the bar.

5. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

But surely if you're using the phone you'll see it appear? The notifications stay on the lock screen until they've been attended to.

6. xxxsteveoxxx thread starter macrumors member

xxxsteveoxxx

This is where you may be confused. Text and calls may but app push notification do not. They appear at first but then move to the notification center if the phone is not unlocked for a while

7. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I'm guessing this will be added in 5.1 - usually the .1 releases add features or tweaks that seemed obvious

8. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. I've managed to catch all of my notifications on the lock screen so far.

A little icon like you suggest would be a good idea then, but I'm not sure if there's much room left in the status bar.

9. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

For SMS and email there is still the numerical badge.