Apple needs to communicate.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Seesh, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Seesh macrumors member

I am beyond annoyed that there is a total lack of communication on Apple's behalf.

Can they at least charge me and make me feel like I purchased something.

I woke up at 3am on 4/10 and pre-ordered the 42mm SS with black leather loop.

I've been checking my order status and bank account incessantly.

Is anyone else reaching the breaking point of how annoyed you are?

2. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

3. Seesh thread starter macrumors member

I haven't even got that! I'd appreciate anything at this point. People at my work who woke up at their normal time and ordered SS with sport bands have already received their watches.

4. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

You didn't receive an Order Confirmation?? They charge you when preparing for shipment.

What do you expect?

5. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

They will charge you when they ship your order. This is a fairly common practice.

6. Seesh thread starter macrumors member

I expect that when I stay up to preorder their product they've been touting for 7 months that I would receive the product in a timely fashion. Or that if something was causing an issue with the leather loops that they would have communicated that beforehand.

7. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

And you ordered the same and haven't received it?

8. rdw154 macrumors member

You ordered something, they gave you a delivery date range, has that range passed yet?

Nothing they need to do on their end if it hasn't passed.

Trick question, i know the date hasn't passed yet.

Relax

9. pmau macrumors 65816

As I have said in the Leather Loop thread, I will cancel on Monday.

They could have told me anything, but they choose to go for volume and sell tons of sport bands.

I could have my watch now, which is the same for everyone anyways.
    I just had to order a sport band or a sport version.

I will not pay $900 and be moved because Apple wants to present numbers.

Sure, no-onew but me cares, but I will not buy that watch and will wait for version two.

10. Seesh thread starter macrumors member

I'm at this point too basically.

----------

This proves my point further, they didn't even have an initial stock of certain models yet there was no communication beforehand.

11. pmau macrumors 65816

Doesn't matter to me. I can choose not to accept the terms Apple sets for delivery. They can sell $350 sport models all day long.

I set my limit. If they don't meet my expectations, I'm out.
    It"s really simple.

If the Stainless Steel with sapphire had better specs I would reconsider.
    But waiting for the same identical mass produced BS is not my thing.

I wanted one for sure. But I'm reconsidering.

12. Seesh thread starter macrumors member

Exactly. All these white knights need to stop defending Apple. This has been nothing but a horrible launch.

13. JSRockit macrumors 6502a

JSRockit

Yeah, and now they aren't even going in order (based on time the order was placed). People who placed an order 7 minutes later than me are getting them shipped. Not exactly fair.

14. Seesh thread starter macrumors member

Not fair at all, it's a total mess and apparently 94% of people on here are so quick to defend Apple.

15. bashmagic macrumors regular

I could not agree more. In fact, I'm hard pressed to think up a product launch in recent years that has been as bad as this. Maybe Windows 8 ;)

16. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

And why are we required to agree exclusively to your point of view, exactly? It was my understanding that in most of the countries where the Watch has launched, people were allowed to think for themselves and form their own opinions.

17. Seesh thread starter macrumors member

ha!! Yes!

18. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

1. Agree Apple has been less than forthcoming about this launch and the delays. We are talking about a company that pushes out 500K iPhones per DAY. We are talking, what, 2-3m AW preorders?

It's been clear from the start of pre-orders that Apple had not ramped up production for the launch or those of us who ordered a mere 6, 7, 8 minutes after pre-orders started wouldn't still be waiting. So the old "demand is outstripping supply," really tells us nothing. Why is the manufacturing process so slow is the question. So yes, Apple owes an explanation. I'm unsure why the press isn't pushing Apple on this question.

2. Why would you want to pay for something you haven't received? May not receive for many days, a week, or longer. If you charged it you would be paying interest on after the grace period even if you still didn't have it.

3. Stop checking order status. Pointless waste of time. You'll get your shipped message when it ships. Until then just find a distraction if it paralyzes you that much. Surely you have other things to do.

19. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Company: Thank you for your order. Here's the order confirmation showing that it'll be delivered in 4-6 weeks.

Customer after 1 week has passed: What the hell? Where's my order?

2 weeks later: I've been checking my order like a Ralphie. Come on!

3 weeks later: Why aren't you communicating? Make me feel like I've purchased something!

20. Seesh thread starter macrumors member

Well written, thank you for your opinion.

Very level headed.

21. Dmal99 macrumors 6502

Apple launched over 36 SKUs of iPhone 6 without a hitch, really, and that included shipping stock to cell carriers. The excuse that this was "too much for Apple to handle," is total poppycock. They put a "delivery window" just because they knew they were going to screw some people, and they wanted to be able to say "we said window, sorry."

Write Tim Cook a letter, I did. took@apple.com. He actually answers some, just make sure it isn't like "eat **** you cook bastard!" Make it well written and present a well-formed, cogent argument. Maybe he will finally say something if enough of us do.

I got my watch on Monday but I still wrote it. Just because I got mine doesn't negate the fact that the launch was a disaster, but if we are being honest, none of us is going to stop buying Apple, that's utter balderdash. This is why it is even more important to let them know how displeased you are, maybe they won't screw us on the next launch, one which we will all most likely participate in.

22. pmau macrumors 65816

You don't get it:

Company: Look, we are producing sport bands in large quantities, if you want a watch from the first batch, do not order any of the fancy models.

End of communication.

The only option you have after placing your order is to cancel.
    Because the window was not there from the start.

But of course you have to defend your story.

It's not about the window at all, it's about the fact that I would have choosen differently, if I had more information.

You understand that? Sure you do, but you like to be right anyways.

23. aristobrat macrumors G4

To me, the people in the best situation to act on this are people like you.

You're dissatisfied with how you've been treated by a company, but yet you continue to give that company your money...

What incentive is there for that company to ever change its practices? They know they're going to get your money.

Put your money where your mouth is. Cancel your order and make Apple lose revenues. Enough people like you do that, and I bet you Apple gets the message loud and clear.

24. LxTxNx macrumors 6502

LxTxNx

There's nothing to be annoyed about. You'll be charged when it shops. For now you have an email confirmation of your order. That should suffice til they ship you watch.

25. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

So many things wrong with your post. Apple may not have had a 4-6 week delay with an iDevice from the onset, but they've had that with their other products (iMac, etc.) and they were similarly silent. They don't charge your order until it's shipped.