Apple needs to stop caring about what AT&T want...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nero3000, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Nero3000 macrumors member

The iPhone is sold internationally, on many different carriers, many of whom are more consumer friendly than AT&T and will allow things such as MMS and bluetooth tethering.

So in general stop listening to what AT&T want and listen to what all carriers want!...or better yet what consumers want.

2. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Lol, well heres why you'll never make it in the business world.

And its not AT&T's fault for MMS, they have stated that "They are fine with MMS, but are waiting for apple to create the software for it" And i think its been about a year now.

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Where does this knowledge of it being AT&T holding it back come from? They would get money for MMS messages that they don't get from pics sent via e-mail. I could give a rat's patoot about MMS for that exact reason, but I don't think AT&T hates money THAT much.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 47 years ago
    AT&T allows MMS on all their other smartphones.

(And even with an iPhone exclusive, they continue to add the latest WM devices. It's a good bet that they'll also add the Palm Pre as soon as possible.)

So it's not them that's stopping it.

5. RexTraverse macrumors 6502

Yes yes yes... it's all AT&T's fault.

AT&T is also why the iPhone doesn't have cut and paste, SMS forwarding, individual SMS deletion, or video recording. :rolleyes:

6. jf8 macrumors regular

AT&T also offers tethering plans for some devices that run operating systems that include this capability.
    Besides the iPhone, every phone I've used since 2003 has supported tethering and since 2004 over Bluetooth as well. (In order words, every internet-capable phone I've had supports tethering and every Bluetooth & internet capable phone I've had supports tethering.)
    And every phone I've had since 2003 (every phone with a color screen) had MMS.

7. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Buuhhaaaaa...

:rolleyes:

You don't own a business I am betting.

8. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Well I don't know who to blame but what I do know is the iphones capabilities. I have a jailbroken iphone 3g and I can :

1. Tether
    2. Copy/Paste
    3. Forward SMS
    4. Landscape SMS
    5. Customize Themes

and there are a few others that didn't make the list. My point is that the iphone itself is capable of all those things so why won't Apple make it legit ? The saga continues......