Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imacdaddy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Love the AppleTV so far but Apple needs to update iPhoto when creating slideshow movies to support ATV without re-encoding!!! OR update ATV to support these files!!! Also add 720p res for slideshow export/send to iDVD in iPhoto!!!

Right now I have a lots of slideshows created via File -> Export and Share -> Send to iDVD from iPhoto and none of the movies are visible on AppleTV!!!

iPhoto "Export" movies are only 640 x 480 with 6.6 FPS while "Send to iDVD" are 853 x 480 with 6.8 FPS, which I currently prefer.

Does anyone know why these files aren't visible on the AppleTV??? :mad:

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I certainly hope Apple will address this with a soft update without us forking out $$$ to upgrade the iLife suite just for ATV support.

Unfortunately I agree with ehurtley, don't count on it. You (and I ) bought the device with some known limitations, and this is one of them. The :apple:TV syncs only with iTunes, and hence only gets photos from one PC or Mac. This might change with iLife '07 and a firmware update for :apple:TV.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.