Apple NesRemote ? Yes!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Agurri, May 18, 2008.

1. Agurri macrumors 6502

Agurri

Hi guys !

This is a project I've been working on for the past week, and I have completed it this morning.
    The project was to put a common Apple Remote control in a Nintendo controller. A similar mod was done by putting an iPod shuffle into a Nes controller, and actually, that's where I got the idea.

It would be great if you guys take 5 minutes and go read the Instructables I made for the project, and give me your feedback. I'll be happy.
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Apple-NesRemote/

I also made a youtube video to show how the controller works.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K50ZPzwM6ZI

Also, if you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them as well.

Attached Files:

2. PcBgone macrumors 6502

PcBgone

Ok, why do this? The apple remote fits in your pocket, that monster of a remote Im sure wont fit in your pocket, unless your pants hang down around your knees...

Were you bored? What functionality did you loose?

3. Agurri thread starter macrumors 6502

Agurri

I did this because after seeing the guy who modded the NES controller to fit an iPod shuffle, I wanted to do something similar. Don't worry, I bought a remote from a member here to do this project, so I still have my original one.

But, the goal of this project was more doing it rather than finding an real utility. And the result is quite impressive. I mean, it's great to navite in FronRow with a NES controller.

Concerning functionality... I lost none :
    Left : Previous
    Right : Next
    Up : Volume Up
    Down : Volume Down
    A : Play/Pause
    B : Play/Pause
    Start : Menu
    Select : Menu

PS. The remote fits in my pocket.... and my pants don't hang down around my knees.

4. thejason macrumors newbie

I love this!!! I would be willing to pay $ for somebody to make me one of these!