Apple NEVER confirmed that this event was iPad-related WHATSOEVER

Discussion in 'iPad' started by WardC, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

Apple never confirmed that this event tomorrow was related to the introduction of a new iPad product, which many have jumped to this conclusion. Apple never told anybody that such a product even exists, or will be introduced tomorrow. As for the photo on the event invitation: for all we know this could be a photo of the new iSlate™ Tabletop computer, or other unknown product with a touchscreen interface. Analysts have been mentioning the need for Apple to introduce a new product category, something completely different, and this could be it. Apple has never confirmed that an "iPad 3" or "iPad HD" even exists or is in development.

I think it is a bit irresponsible of these media outlets to jump to conclusions about the product introduction being a "new" iPad, since such a product has never been confirmed to exist or is definitively the product "set" to be unrelieved at the event tomorrow.

-My two cents.

2. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

I think it's a pretty safe bet. If you're going to wait until confirmation, just don't read any rumor sites.

3. gadget123 macrumors 68000

It's a new Ipad because the current one has had it's cycle.

The Iphone 4 only broke the cycle last time for IOS5 and the 4S was probably running late.

Also I think the press image for the event has the Ipad on it..bit obvious?

4. i0Nic macrumors 65816

You haven't seen the event invitation, which included a giant picture of an iPad?

I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but I think we can safely assume that the event is iPad related.

5. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

If everyone in the media believes its about iPad and Apple doesn't pour cold water on it, that's Apple's PR fault

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

keep in mind that apple also never said it wasn't an iPad event. see what i did there?

7. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

You should ask for a refund...

8. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

Media outlets are tasked with reporting the news. The big news is that Apple issued an invitation to a media event. What's so irresponsible about following up leads (aka leaks, inside sources), to try and tell people what Apple might talk about? This is called journalism.

9. 808? macrumors 6502a

New ATV hardware and perhaps a neat iPad/iPhone app to match this week (7th March)

New iPad hardware next week (16th March)

10. motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Then it would be really cheeky of them to send out invitations with an iPad on it. Around the same time that an iPad usually comes out.

I bet they love that.

11. WardC thread starter macrumors 68030

WardC

Okay, there is probably a greater than 50% chance that this "event" is for what all the rumors have "spoiled it to be" ie. iPad extravaganza.

But I believe there still lies in Apple the ability to "Pull a Rabbit out of the Hat" and surprise everybody with something that's totally different and innovative, Steve Jobs was the puppet master of our time at doing this with finesse.

Some of those products were under extremely tight wraps at Apple and did not have parts leaked to Chinese distributors that popped up on Mac News and Blog sites, ruining their product introductions....we see this all too commonly today with the iPhones and iPads -- there is no surprise by the time Apple announces it because we know exactly what it looks like and exactly what the specs are!!

12. Bradllez macrumors 6502

Bradllez

You're right.

They are just sending out invitations that show an iPad to premier the new iPod Classic.

/sarcasm

13. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

But it is, though.

Don't worry about it. T-17 hours. :D

14. deeddawg macrumors 604

@adnbek: I see your double and raise you a Quad Facepalm...

[​IMG]

15. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Seeing as it's within 5 days of being exactly a year from the previous product announcement, it would be crazy for them to not expect people to think it's an iPad launch.

Also something worth noticing is that if the press gets all hyped up about something that's wrong, there will usually be a few well placed credible reports from places like the Wall Street Journal to calm things down.

16. VinceDae macrumors regular

Jesus... some people are just wired wrong... - The iPad is a MAJOR success in all aspects and its one year since the iPad 2, two years since iPad 1 ... Guess whats going to be shown tomorrow?

Besides that - the major iPad picture on the invite is pretty telling.. lol

17. M87 macrumors 65816

Apple never confirms anything, yet somehow we always have at least a vague idea of what will be announced. You can be certain a new iPad is coming tomorrow, even the retina display is practically guaranteed.

18. E.Lizardo, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012

E.Lizardo macrumors 65816

19. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

I was in the Apple store getting my iPhone 4S replaced, and I mentioned tomorrow's announcement to the Apple employee who was assisting me: he said that he thinks that Apple is going to announce "a lot more exciting stuff" than people are expecting. I'll take that with a big grain of salt, but I look forward to seeing if he's right. Maybe an upgrade to the Mac SE? :D

20. Furifo macrumors 6502

For a second I thought the OP was actually onto something...

... and then I saw the giant iPad in the invitation.

21. Built macrumors 68020

I guess the iPad on the invitation was just to throw us off. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.