Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

During today's global Apple Store downtime in preparation for iPhone X pre-orders, Apple quietly added a new Leather Sleeve for the 12-inch MacBook to its Mac Accessories store section.

Screen-Shot-1-2-800x439.jpg

Costing $149, the leather sleeve with soft microfiber lining is available in Saddle Brown and Midnight Blue colors. The case can also be twinned with Apple's iPhone X Leather Case ($49), also available in Saddle Brown and Midnight Blue.

The Leather Sleeve for 12-inch MacBook currently ships in 1 business day at the time of writing.

Article Link: Apple Adds New 12-inch MacBook Leather Sleeve to Online Accessory Store

Adelphos33

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2012
I have a saddle brown iPad case and iPhone 8 case. Goes well with my tan Coach Leather briefcase. Very high quality cases in attractive leather. I have used saddle brown leather cases since iPhone 6.

Reactions: SamRyouji

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010
Will be this be made available for the Pros?

During today's global Apple Store downtime in preparation for iPhone X pre-orders, Apple quietly added a new Leather Sleeve for the 12-inch MacBook to its Mac Accessories store section.

Screen-Shot-1-2-800x439.jpg

Costing $149, the leather sleeve with soft microfiber lining is available in Saddle Brown and Midnight Blue colors. The case can also be twinned with Apple's iPhone X Leather Case ($49), also available in Saddle Brown and Midnight Blue.

The Leather Sleeve for 12-inch MacBook currently ships in 1 business day at the time of writing.

Article Link: Apple Adds New 12-inch MacBook Leather Sleeve to Online Accessory Store

mabhatter

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2009
Why does the “bottom” have feet on it? And no photos of the MacBook actually in the case? How neatly does it fit?

Personally I get the Incase neoprene ones with the fuzzy insides but those seem to have fallen out of favor lately.

joshen

macrumors regular
May 27, 2015
Pretty. Pricing seems alright for a leather sleeve of that size by Apple standards (they sell an ugly iPhone folio case for $99 after all).

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
That's beautiful. Nice! Honestly, not that expensive considering Apple wants $50 for an iPhone Leather case. 3X the cost for a much larger area?

I have the Waltzing Matilda sleeve for my 15" MacBook Pro. It's lasted 4 years. Gorgeous with some nice marks:

17103143119_1c58762d0b_o.jpg

Denmac1

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Lost in Space
I've bought several items from MacCase. Their leather is of great quality and their pricing, I feel ,is reasonable. you can get their sleeves all the way up to 15" for $109.They also have great Flight Jackets that will hold a MacBook and an iPad, plus accessories. I have had one for my iPad for years. (Note: I do not work for MacCase)

MacBook-Sleeve-VN-Front_1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: SamRyouji

audiophilosophy

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017
New Orleans
Shame on apple for continuing to make more and more leather products-- just as more and more people around the world are becoming aware of the cruelty and suffering involved with the procurement of leather. Steve Jobs spent at least part of his life as a vegan, and when he was alive Apple had probably zero leather products. I think Apple needs to be more progressive and stop using leather.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I've bought several items from MacCase. Their leather is of great quality and their pricing, I feel ,is reasonable. you can get their sleeves all the way up to 15" for $109.They also have great Flight Jackets that will hold a MacBook and an iPad, plus accessories. I have had one for my iPad for years. (Note: I do not work for MacCase)

View attachment 727969
Why does it have a hole in the back?

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Apple's leather accessories aren't cheap but they're worth the price if you can appreciate this sort of thing. It's the softest leather and the design pays attention to all the little details. I bought one for my 12.9" iPad Pro. Exactly what you'd expect from Apple.

Reactions: Adelphos33

elbowrm

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2016
Why does the “bottom” have feet on it? And no photos of the MacBook actually in the case? How neatly does it fit?

Personally I get the Incase neoprene ones with the fuzzy insides but those seem to have fallen out of favor lately.

I, for one, welcome our Incase overlords.

Seriously, though, in what way have those fallen out of favor? Seem pretty ideal to me!!
[doublepost=1509140693][/doublepost]
Shame on apple for continuing to make more and more leather products-- just as more and more people around the world are becoming aware of the cruelty and suffering involved with the procurement of leather. Steve Jobs spent at least part of his life as a vegan, and when he was alive Apple had probably zero leather products. I think Apple needs to be more progressive and stop using leather.
Agree. "Pleather" has gotten very good - it's even becoming a respectable option for well-made car seats...
[doublepost=1509140840][/doublepost]

View attachment 727969
I'm sorry, the Apple logo window in that leather case just looks ridiculous to me... (but, I've never been one for having the cutout in an iPhone case, either)

Lostanddamned

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2009
London, UK
I hope they do this for the 13” pro too, really lovely design. I’d quite like to have iPad, MacBook and iPhone all in matching Saddle Brown cases…

Reactions: LinusR
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.