Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Hi,
Anyone know if Apple is contemplating a site either general (non pay) or part of .Mac service that allows us to access news, sports, business, weather, etc, etc such as can be found on Yahoo??

It would be a great Home Page to start from. Something that would include Apple news, plus the items mentioned above. This is not to confuse this with the Home Page web publishing found on .Mac.

Thanks.

Frank

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
fjs08 said:
Hi,
Anyone know if Apple is contemplating a site either general (non pay) or part of .Mac service that allows us to access news, sports, business, weather, etc, etc such as can be found on Yahoo??

It would be a great Home Page to start from. Something that would include Apple news, plus the items mentioned above. This is not to confuse this with the Home Page web publishing found on .Mac.

Thanks.

Frank
I believe its the default website for Safari when you first start it up for the first time. I would have to reset my browser and I don't want to do that, its something like livepage.apple.com. I'll look for it.

EDIT: its http://www.apple.com/startpage/ and it doesn't seem to have anything up Apple news. Maybe you should just do yahoo.com as your default.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
livepage.apple.com goes right to the main Apple web site.
I was thinking of a site that allows us to pick and choose various infomational news, sports, business briefs and articles.

Frank

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Apple USED to have a page like that that they operated in conjunction with Netscape. It was like Netscape's main page, but with some special Apple articles and ads.

But...they just recently did away with it. Doesn't make sense to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.