Apple: No iPhone 4S preorders will ship in the UK on launch day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ConnorTurnbull, Oct 10, 2011.

1. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

Just wanted to pass this news along to any, now-disappointed UK buyers.

"According to multiple conversations with chat reps from Apple UK, Apple will not ship any iPhone 4S preorders to UK customers before launch day, meaning no handset will arrive at any British household this Friday."

http://macintude.net/2011/10/10/apple-uk-chat-reps-reveal-all-iphone-4s-preorders-in-the-united-kingdom-will-ship-late-miss-launch-day/

I really don't get why they can't ship them for launch day. Surely they're just sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

2. Headlighted macrumors member

I was told the same thing twice, apparently no iPhones at all are shipping until the 14th (including the US). Yet they had no answer for me when I came back with the tracking info I'd seen all around here.

The 2 reps I talked to also couldn't tell me why they'll be ready in stores for release on the 14th, but we can't get them.

3. ConnorTurnbull thread starter macrumors 6502

But in the US, they've already began shipping, albeit to be held at local hubs.

For us, ours don't even leave the warehouse until Friday! :mad:

4. iLauren macrumors member

totally lame

----------

I will drive to the warehouse and demand my package :p

5. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Last year, a lot of the iPhones were stashed in warehouses across the country and didn't actually ship until like midnight on launch day. People tracked them overnight, and by 7 AM they were all at local destinations and on carriers.

Maybe Apple doesn't want them to be held at the local stations overnight, because they know many of us will try to go and pick them up early :p

6. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

did someone not sat they have a base in cork that holds them

I may be lucky as im in ireland lol

7. colonelbutt macrumors regular

colonelbutt

don't believe it

reliable sources say that vodafone and 02 already have them in stock

the call centre knows nothing, they are not even involved in online pre-order purchase. Its all automated

8. ConnorTurnbull thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, let's hope. However, since they're shipping "Fast Ship (EMEA)", they are coming straight from the factory and will likely not leave there until Friday.

Certainly, it's an optimistic interpretation that they will be in the country and will only "ship" from there on launch day. That would be fine, but from what I see, it might be Wednesday-Friday next week until they arrive.

9. colonelbutt macrumors regular

colonelbutt

they are in the country already, even cpw now saying so

10. ConnorTurnbull thread starter macrumors 6502

I hope so!

----------

Carriers are accepting preorders in store for pay monthly customers. I'd assume then, that they're in the country at national hubs, and will be dispatched sometime on Thursday night/Friday morning to arrive after launch day, but earlier than the "5-7 day" timeframe.

11. ConnorTurnbull thread starter macrumors 6502

Saw that iPhone 4 orders shipped June 23rd for arrival on June 24th (release day).

However, did last year's preorders say "dispatched by [release date]" or "delivers on [release date]"?

12. thetechnogeek macrumors newbie

13. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

14. kart macrumors member

so how did the videos of the owner and his 4S get out? I believe that Apple have already sent thousands (US that is)