Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Jail broke my friends appletv yesterday no problems. My xbmc has been unstable so I decided I would restore it, re-jailbreak and install the latest version of XBMC.

5.3 which has been signed for the longest time (even yesterday) stopped downloading about halfway through and I cannot get it to download with season pass. Tried manually downloading and no luck.

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2013
Jail broke my friends appletv yesterday no problems. My xbmc has been unstable so I decided I would restore it, re-jailbreak and install the latest version of XBMC.

5.3 which has been signed for the longest time (even yesterday) stopped downloading about halfway through and I cannot get it to download with season pass. Tried manually downloading and no luck.

If it's getting stuck downloading it's probably apples servers getting hammered with traffic from today's event, I would try again in a couple days.

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
If it's getting stuck downloading it's probably apples servers getting hammered with traffic from today's event, I would try again in a couple days.

The problem is if I click on a link to a firmware that I know it is signing it pops right up, for some reason it says "cannot connect"

I used a different computer just now that I have the ispw file saved to and its stuck on "verifying Apple TV software"

Alveezy

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
Hawaii
The problem is if I click on a link to a firmware that I know it is signing it pops right up, for some reason it says "cannot connect"

I used a different computer just now that I have the ispw file saved to and its stuck on "verifying Apple TV software"

I actually just re-jailbreak mines last night to fix the vimeo(still doesn't work) issue and pretty much do it one last time before iOS 8 comes out next week. Mine went thru fine with 5.3! as you can see here - http://www.icj.me/ios/AppleTV2,1 5.3 is still being signed by Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.