Apple not responding me?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kingapple, Dec 25, 2013.

1. kingapple macrumors member

Hey guys,

I will make this short because it's a long story.
    About a month ago I bought an iPhone 5s from Apple.com and it turned out it had some battery issues. I got a replacement and this new iPhone had the sudden reboot issue. So I decided to get a refund and it all went smooth till a few days ago. Apple told me I would receive my money in 7 days and now it's been 13 days and they still haven't refunded my money. I even talked to my bank who told me I should contact Apple.
    I called them the 5th day and they said the refund was in progress and I should expect to get my money in 2 days. Now, as I said before, It's been 13 days and they haven't responded my last 2 mails?

What would you suggest me to do?

2. dsh3 macrumors 6502

dsh3

Call or write them again.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Call them directly. Remember it is extremely busy time of the year for them and banks. Not that that makes you or your money any less important.

4. kingapple thread starter macrumors member

I wrote to them 3 hours ago, but still no respond.
    Is it because of the holidays?

----------

Okay, I'll call them.

5. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Very likely they will not respond today. It is Xmas day. Call them tomorrow. When you speak to a person, get their name. Take notes, so if you have to call back, you can give specifics.

6. kingapple thread starter macrumors member

Okay, Thanks for the help! :)

7. Mrbobb macrumors 601

When in doubt, go by the 1 month billing cycle.

If after 1 month, nothing, you are entitled to tell you CC company to dispute the charge.

You bought it with debit, oops.

8. charlituna, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013

charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Did they say 7 days or 7 business days. And was it 7 firm or more like the traditional 7-10.

You say it was 13 days ago. Which means the 12th? A Thursday. My guess is they said 7 business days so that would be typically Monday-Friday only. And depending on the time of day on Thursday processing wouldn't start until Friday.

So
    Friday
    Monday
    Tuesday
    Wednesday
    Thursday
    Friday
    Monday

And that's this week. Plus it's more likely they said 7-10 business days as that's a business norm which means they have Tuesday, Thursday, Friday before they are 'late'. Even if they did say 7 firm, the back could be the hold up. There could be processing going on before it posts to your account to insure they have the money. Their CS reps aren't likely to be able to see that stuff and can only respond based on what is listed in your account. Thus why they told you to contact Apple

Also never email for this kind of thing. It goes into a massive queue of various messages which are handled as they come in. And most of the messages are whining about this or that feature not being in the software s it's not priority and the folks that read that email are very possible part of the group on vacay this week. Always call.

9. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

I sent my first one back to Apple, but it took about 11 days (After they received it) to get my credit card credited. That was a couple of months ago, not the holidays. May want to wait a bit longer. Credit card companies sometimes receive the return, but posts them a bit later. Just a thought OP

10. 1DApple macrumors member

No oops about it. Debit card transactions can be disputed as well.

11. NickRichyRich macrumors member

I would call them again just to make sure that the transaction is still in progress. It is the holidays so I am sure something like this is going to take a bit more time than usual.

12. kingapple thread starter macrumors member

They just said 5-7 days. You're right about mailing isn't a good option, but I often get a response and usually within 10-15 hours.

I called them today. Unfortunately their phone support was also affected by the holidays. :-(

It's been 14 days now. Hopefully this is because of the holidays :