Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting

Attachments

• Turion_X2_Apple.jpg
    Turion_X2_Apple.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 159

esaleris

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
No way. In order to manage the correct level of expectations, I'm sure Apple went with some sort of volume agreement with Intel, which would drive an Intel iBook (or even exclusive use). Also, I don't know why they would bother with two different divisions for their lines - it's much easier to manage one vendor for such a criticle keystone of your product... and the choice would have been made before the switch, as part of a sort of bidding process.

The only way they could switch is if they held much more market share; in that case the CPU manufacturers would be wanting a piece of that business, rather than the other way around.

trogdor!

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2006
It would definatly be interesting to see aple use AMD, but I doubt it will happen any time soon, because im sure theyve signed agreements with intel for quite a while. As with the tech industry though, things change all the time.

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
Apple aint' using no AMD, especially in a laptop, where intel chips are decidedly superior. I think you get some nice discounts from Intel if you use exclusively their chips.

bah-bah'd

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2006
Oh, and nice Insert / Print Screen button next to the Num Lock on the keyboard in that pic...

maxterpiece said:
Apple aint' using no AMD, especially in a laptop, where intel chips are decidedly superior. I think you get some nice discounts from Intel if you use exclusively their chips.

Superior at multi-tasking multi-threaded 32-bit applications... My cheap, cool, quiet yet quick Mobile Sempron notebook pops through everything I use while I'm mobile pretty well, and that is low, lowend...

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
bah-bah'd said:
Superior at multi-tasking multi-threaded 32-bit applications... My cheap, cool, quiet yet quick Mobile Sempron notebook pops through everything I use while I'm mobile pretty well, and that is low, lowend...

Actually while I'm an AMD boi I think the core duo is no push over either...

briangig

macrumors regular
May 16, 2005
this would never happen ever. all the marketing with apple and intel, it would cause so much confusion, and you know intel wouldnt be too pleased with it...

mmmcheese

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2006
Is it just me, or does that not look very much like an apple battery? Sure, it's rectangular and has a few round shapes on it, but that could be anything...

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
fyi allot of apple internal alfa hardware uses red pcb...

but it's obviously a fake, apple would be retarded to use a turion.

topgunn

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2004
Houston
So Apple would then be using Intel chips in thier desktops and AMD chips in their laptops? Now that is completely bass ackwards.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
mmmcheese said:
Is it just me, or does that not look very much like an apple battery? Sure, it's rectangular and has a few round shapes on it, but that could be anything...

That's definitely a 15in PowerBook battery… Wouldn't they have used the newer MacBook design?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.