Apple Now Lets Developers Assign a Customer Support Role to Respond to App Store Reviews

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 17, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Apple today highlighted a new Customer Support role that was recently added to iTunes Connect, which developers can take advantage of if they would like to hire someone specifically to respond to customer reviews in the App Store.
    Apple began allowing developers to respond to customer reviews with iOS 10.3 and macOS Sierra 10.12.4, a feature developers had long requested. The ability to respond to customer reviews allows developers to address negative reviews and offer better service to App Store users.

Prior to iOS 10.3 and macOS Sierra 10.12.4, developers had no way to respond to issues that customers reported via an app review, so there was no way to mitigate a negative review or further converse with a customer having difficulties.

Article Link: Apple Now Lets Developers Assign a Customer Support Role to Respond to App Store Reviews

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Before long, Apple will catch up with the rest of the business world.

3. ILikeAllOS macrumors 6502

ILikeAllOS

It's weird because for a long time people/developers were complaining that there was no way to respond to reviews.
    Now they have the ability to so but they don't use it!
    I can't tell you how many times I've looked at the reviews of popular apps or front page apps and seen a bunch of 1-3 star reviews and no developer responses.

Maybe this will help but it is probably unlikely because it seems that developers just don't care about providing "customer support" roles for a $1 app.

4. Romey-Rome macrumors regular

5. Aussi3 macrumors regular

Aussi3

I love this function they added that awkward silence has ended and feedback on reviews is what was needed for a longtime :)

6. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

Man, one day they might even be worth a billion dollars!

7. twinlight macrumors 6502

twinlight

Don't understand how reviews work. Reviews are per country? Netflix has 10 reviews here in Norway. Also, reviews are usually crap from people who doesn't understand what's wrong or write something completely off topic.

Last time I tried it wouldn't let me use my name.

Looks like things have improved though. The few reviews I read now is usually complaints about what's lacking and not working. Can understand why Customer support doesn't reply though. It's Norwegian language on english apps. The developer will never sit down and translate this to find out what people are talking about and get back to the user.

This probably works better in the US app store. But most of this is handled through customer support or mail that the developer has set up.

8. big-ted macrumors regular

big-ted

Will this help stopping developers releasing a new version just to mask all the 1 star reviews the app has received?

9. SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

Although I could see it turning toxic very fast, would love for users to be able to respond to reviews

I've seen many times where a user doesn't understand how an app works and gives it a lower rating, but I could just reply and the app would do what they need... like watching the world burn with your hands tied