Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated its online store to add a range of new accessories from companies that include Mophie, Scosche, Philips Hue, Yale, and others. Some of the accessories are limited to online purchases, while others are available in Apple retail locations worldwide.

scosche-baselynx-2.jpg

Apple is now selling Scosche's BaseLynx 2.0 modular charging system, which allows customers to purchase individual charging modules for the iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, and Mac. There is an all-in-one kit that is priced at $279, with the kit able to wirelessly charge the iPhone and AirPods, fast charge the Apple Watch, and charge multiple iPads or MacBooks using the vertical USB-C charging dock.

Up to 60W is available for one iPad, 30W when two devices are being charged, and 20W when three devices are plugged in to the USB-C ports. Apple is also offering individual modules at prices ranging from $500 to $100.

Also new to Apple's website is Mophie's latest 3-in-1 Travel Charger, priced at $150. It features the same design as Mophie's prior-generation model, but this time with Apple Watch fast charging capabilities. It can wirelessly charge an iPhone using MagSafe, charge AirPods over Qi, and charge the Apple Watch.

mophie-charger-2.jpg

The charger folds down into a compact shape when it is not in use, making it ideal for travel, with Mophie also including a travel charger case. It comes with the cable and 30W power adapter needed to use it.

mophie-charger.jpg

As for HomeKit devices, Apple is now selling the $210 Yale Assure Lock 2 Plus, which supports Apple's home keys feature. With home keys, a digital key is added to the Apple Wallet app and the lock can be opened over NFC by tapping an iPhone or Apple Watch to the lock.

yale-home-key-lock.jpg

The lock can be opened and accessed using HomeKit, and with DoorSense, the door automatically locks behind you. Note that a separate Yale Wi-Fi Smart Module is required for remote access as the lock is designed to work over Bluetooth.

Apple also offers the latest Philips Hue product from Signify, the Hue Festavia LED string lights. Priced at $220, the Hue Festavia is a 65-foot strand of lights with 250 LEDs, ideal for decorating a tree or for use outdoors during the holidays.

hue-festavia.jpg

These are gradient string lights that can be set to multiple colors that blend into one another, and they work with the Philips Hue Bridge.

Other new products available from the Apple online store include SanDisk's latest 256GB iXpand Flash Drive, Belkin's $80 Boost Charge Pro 2-in-1 Charger Pad in a range of colors, the Backbone One Mobile Gaming Controller, and other cases, cables, and accessories. The full list can be found on Apple's online store.

Article Link: Apple Now Offering New Accessories From Mophie, Scosche, Hue and More

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
I personally wouldn’t put anything metal on metal, especially with a reflective finish.

I’ve damaged my AirPods Max with my iPhone by accident and my iPhone getting dinged by Magic Keyboard by putting near it.

Reactions: Apple247

Vangeli

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
There’s *finally* a USB-C + fast Watch charging MagSafe Duo replacement with the Twelve South ButterFly, worth at least a mention.

Also the new mophie 3-in-1 has a black MagSafe charging pad, image in post is of the old one.

crsh1976

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2011
I got burned this year with the previous 3-in-1 MagSafe travel charger from mophie/Zagg that stopped working, their customer service is non-existant and they left a large number of owners dead in the water until the Apple Store started issuing refunds.

Too bad Apple has not stopped doing selling mophie/Zagg products.

Corrode

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
Note that a separate Yale Wi-Fi Smart Module is required for remote access as the lock is designed to work over Bluetooth.
This is incorrect. Wi-Fi is only required to access remotely via the Yale app. Bluetooth HomeKit locks can be accessed remotely via the Home app and a compatible home hub — without a Wi-Fi adapter.

Reactions: seek3r and red elma

Gibear2k5

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2021
279$ for an all-in-one charger is absolutely crazy
“Apple is also offering individual modules at prices ranging from $500 to $100” - 500 bucks for individual modules is even crazier! But still, 50 or even 100 bucks per module sounds steep too!

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Super overpriced junk. Better off ordering some knockoff from Ali I mean Amazon. Stuff like TORTFT or NUGOO and all other counterfeit all-caps no-name "companies" that rip off the $279 type of stuff. It will be basically the same and you can feel good you are supporting the US shipper for AliExpress (i.e. Amazon). Yay.

klky

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
I was very close to buying the Mophie 3-in-1 a couple weeks ago before a trip but was thinking Apple might update their MagSafe Duo Charger with USB-C soon. I will wait for reviews of the new Mophie. If they’re positive and if Apple doesn’t release an updated Duo Charger before my next trip, I’ll get the Mophie.

jdogg836

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Oklahoma
I got burned this year with the previous 3-in-1 MagSafe travel charger from mophie/Zagg that stopped working, their customer service is non-existant and they left a large number of owners dead in the water until the Apple Store started issuing refunds.

Too bad Apple has not stopped doing selling mophie/Zagg products.

You mean the one they provided a firmware update drive for? All I did was contact them, they said it was already identified as software and there would be an update. A few weeks later, I got an email telling me how to order the drive from the site free of charge. I've had some actual non-existent customer service experiences, but this wasn't it.

The Banker

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2018
The new Mophie charger unfortunately still has BPA in it :( unbelievable…. Apparently production costs are more important than people’s health and a warning on Apple’s website..

Belisama

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2023
$279, $500, $150, $210, $220...
And none of these accessories are actually useful.
I consume, therefore I am.
Please consume, guys. Black Friday is coming. You must consume.

crsh1976

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2011
You mean the one they provided a firmware update drive for? All I did was contact them, they said it was already identified as software and there would be an update. A few weeks later, I got an email telling me how to order the drive from the site free of charge. I've had some actual non-existent customer service experiences, but this wasn't it.
Unsure how that went for you, but when the firmware became available, I was expected to pay mophie to send it to me - that's a no go with me considering support was dismissive in providing a replacement, and from accounts read in a few places the firmware did not entirely solve the issue with the charger either.

To each their own, mophie is definitely crossed off my list tho.

GJM50

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2022
Unsure how that went for you, but when the firmware became available, I was expected to pay mophie to send it to me - that's a no go with me considering support was dismissive in providing a replacement, and from accounts read in a few places the firmware did not entirely solve the issue with the charger either.

Avoid these chargers at all costs. Mophie sent me the firmware update for free but my chargers still do not work. I place my devices on the chargers, see that they are charging, and the next morning they are not charged. I need something reliable when travelling so I threw them in the garbage and bought two of these. So far, so good.

GJM50

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2022
The firmware did not do anything to fix the problems I had with mine. They do not charge reliably so I threw them away.

AeroEd

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2023
$279, $500, $150, $210, $220...
And none of these accessories are actually useful.
I consume, therefore I am.
Please consume, guys. Black Friday is coming. You must consume.
How else is Apple getting to 4 trillion?

jdogg836

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Oklahoma

I had issues with charging phone, watch, headphones at the same time on 3 occasions before. Could tell the charging on my phone and watch were starting and stopping because they'd make the connect and disconnect sound. Email to the firmware update order form was free of charge and was still "preorder". It said to expect 2-3 weeks before it actually shipped. Unit shipped just before the two week mark, arrived at my home. Had a little difficulty getting it to update, the instructions provided a precise sequence of events but it took on the 2nd try. After the update, I have had no issue with the unit, I used it regularly on trips.

The firmware did not do anything to fix the problems I had with mine. They do not charge reliably so I threw them away.

Are you positive the update took? I messed it up the first time not timing it correctly. 2nd time it worked as intended. My issues were resolved. Other than the fact that it was annoying to have issues with a product that I had to wait for a resolution on, I have no issues with Mophie on this product. That seems to be common on everything including my Apple Devices, home automation devices, and vehicle infotainment system.

Richard10250

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2023
Just relating my poor experience with mophie speedport 120

Two months ago, I purchased a mophie speedport 120 4-port GaN Wall Charger (120W) for $100 at the local Apple store. The price was rather high, but I made the purchase with confidence that the product would be reliable and well supported.

Recently one of the speedport charging ports stopped output power, so I began the process of exploring my warranty options.

Going to the Apple Store webpage I find the advise the for warranty on this item I needed to contact the OEM.

Going to the Zagg (OEM for mophie products) website I find that I must register my device before a warranty claim can be processed. Attempts to register the item failed when the website rejected my serial number as invalid.

I emailed the Zagg website support for support, including a photo of my “invalid” serial number. A couple days letter I received a message that the support team had manually registered my device.

Returning to the Zagg website I processed my warranty claim only to find that replacement units were not available, and they would email me once the replacement units become available again. They did not provide any indication of when they expected replacement units would be available.

Overall, I am rather disappointed in this support for a product sold via the Apple store. I guess it was a mistake to purchase an expensive but not Apple branded device.

Just my experience, your mileage may vary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.