Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
Thank god my kids are virtual. If they where real they want this. Maybe because I would have wanted this and the new lego technic... this reminds me on my first, only and best lego technic. I loved it. My brothers helped me assemble it. What a nice Christmas this was :) thanks mom and dad!
38-1.jpg

Technic was awesome. I had a sort of "generic" kit that allowed me to build several pieces of construction equipment at the same time. The only downside IMO is the hoses. Once you've cut them for your application, you really couldn't use it elsewhere.

Reactions: iPhysicist

mcfrazieriv

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
Doesn't this defeat the entire point of the toy? I mean, you can build in Minecrack and watch your crap come alive. LEGO was all about a kid's imagination. Do children not make the Jurassic Park TRex sound anymore when they hold toy dinosaurs or explosion sounds when they fire the cannons on toy ships? Is that all replaced by a kid literally building something and then looking through a 1000$ iPhone?

Reactions: Glockworkorange

Glockworkorange

Suspended
Feb 10, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
Great, now little kids can get frustrated as their hands tire from being forced to hold their hands in front of their faces and crawl around.

I think AR might be profound in the future; however, for now, it’s gimmicky demoware.

Seoras

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
Scotsman in New Zealand
Yeah no. My kids are going to play in actual reality and not this "virtue" or "augmented" nonsense.

Well said. Lego was about allowing the child to use their imagination not about supplanting it with smart ass tech. I thought this was Apple's mantra too, being creative.
Sometimes just because it's cool to do something doesn't mean it is the right thing to do.

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
Technic was awesome. I had a sort of "generic" kit that allowed me to build several pieces of construction equipment at the same time. The only downside IMO is the hoses. Once you've cut them for your application, you really couldn't use it elsewhere.
Yeah it had some downsides but I was blown away seeing this precious toy under the tree. Maybe I was still a little too young to appreciate it completely but it was a fun toy. Sadly the truck is not in working condition anymore. I don’t know the current technic but the old ones already where awesome .

Reactions: H3LL5P4WN
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.