Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Belkin today announced the launch of three new wireless chargers in its BOOST lineup, all of which will be available from Apple's online store and select Apple retail locations.

All of the new chargers are similar to existing BOOST chargers that Belkin offers, but at more affordable price points.

belkinpad-800x600.jpg

The BOOST?CHARGE Wireless Charging Pad is, as the name suggests, a simple, flat wireless charging pad that offers a non-slip grip and an LED indicator to let you know when your phone is charging optimally. The Wireless Charging Pad is priced at $29.95.

belkinstand-800x601.jpg

The BOOST?CHARGE Wireless Charging Stand is an upright Qi-based wireless charging stand that works in either portrait or landscape mode and is ideal if you need to view your iPhone while it charges. The Wireless Charging Stand is priced at $49.95.

belkinventmount-800x601.jpg

Belkin's third new product, the BOOST?CHARGE Wireless Charging Vent Mount, fits into the vent of a car and has padded arms to grip the iPhone and hold it in place while also maintaining a constant wireless charge. The Vent Mount is priced at $59.95.

All three of the new products will be available through Apple's online store and at select Apple retail stores starting today.

Article Link: Apple Now Selling Three New Belkin Wireless Chargers

MacOH21

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2018
I have the Boost stand and it’s been fine. No issues. My only complaint, if any, is it’s appearance when not being used to charge-just and odd circle.

GeoStructural

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
I am waiting until efficiency of these things is improved to buy one. Or better yet a truly wireless solution is out in the consumer market.

I also can’t see the convenience of having a “wireless” charger if I want to use my phone while charging, it is just useful for people to put the phone there and go to sleep... or drivers who work/use their phone extensively.

TheRealTVGuy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
Orlando, FL
I am waiting until efficiency of these things is improved to buy one. Or better yet a truly wireless solution is out in the consumer market.

I also can’t see the convenience of having a “wireless” charger if I want to use my phone while charging, it is just useful for people to put the phone there and go to sleep... or drivers who work/use their phone extensively.

Just out of curiosity, how would you define “a truly wireless solution” and what would it look like?

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004

If you are frequently outside or walk around with a phone in your pocket, wireless charger isn't ideal.

But if you frequently find yourself putting the phone down, such as your desk, nightstand, kitchen island, coffee table, console table, then wireless chargers is very compelling. My phone is almost always fully charged when I pick it up.

Reactions: GeoStructural

GeoStructural

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
Just out of curiosity, how would you define “a truly wireless solution” and what would it look like?

Truly wireless means contactless. Right now there are several prototypes, a popular one (you can look on YouTube) allows you to power lightbulbs and move little cars for a distance, but as the object gets far enough from the source the power diminishes.

Current Qi protocol is called “wireless charging” but these mats can be quite big and require permanent contact with the phone’s back... so there are many situation in which you cannot use your phone, besides efficiency can be as low as 30%, a waste of precious energy (and electricity bill).

Reactions: Mr. Retrofire

bstpierre

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Can anybody recommend a wireless charging solution for car with phones case on that can actually go though it?
I have this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CXV4RXQ/ref=emc_b_5_t

Looks like it is on sale right now. I like that the phone is held in place by magnets. I have the plates stuck to my apple leather case and they hold fine. I saw initial talk of putting the plates inside the case but the magnetic force wasn't strong enough to hold the phone unless I had the mount positioned so the phone could sit on the dash. I liked it enough to buy a second one for my other car. I use ProclipUSA to mount the Scosche mount to the car instead of using the windshield mount.

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
I bought 5 $8 wireless chargers from Monoprice, and one $10 Belkin charger, and have them laying around the home and wife's office. They don't charge fast but they're fine.

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
Have any of you read the tech specs about this wireless car charger on Apple’s website?

It literally says it uses the air conditioning from the vent to help keep it cool. What?! What about in the rest of the year when we don’t need to use the air? Winter? Heater?

That makes no sense to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.