Apple NZ Iphone support = nonexistant.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrisgpix, Apr 13, 2009.

1. chrisgpix macrumors member

I wonder if there are any New Zealand Iphone users out there who might have tested the "support" that Vodafone NZ offer Iphone users?

I took my phone into the Sydney Apple store (while on hols) and the "genuis" offered to replace my phone there and then as the seal on the phone was faulty thus letting dusk under the screen. When I informed him it was an NZ phone he said I'd have to sort it in NZ. So I've approached VodafoneNZ who instead of swapping my phone immediately have told me that I need to send it away with the current wait time being 2-3 WEEKS!!....sorry to sound like a spoiled kid but why should i be without my phone for such a long time when countries with Apple Stores can get theirs replaced instantly!....Why are Apple selling a device in a country where they are offering no support?

I've asked Vodafone for a replacement Iphone while its repaired and they practically laughed me out the shop.

2. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

I'm surprised people in NZ even have iphones.

They only swap them out at Apple stores, and since iPhones do not have worldwide warranties that is why they couldn't swap it.

Just give it to Vodafone and use the crappy old Nokia they will most likely give you as a temporary phone. Really it's what you get for living in New Zealand.

3. chrisgpix thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!

Just coz nz doesn't even feature on many world maps doesn't mean it's an excuse to provide rubbish service, if I pay the same money as the rest of the world then expect the same standard of service!

4. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Too right.

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I understand where you're coming from. I'm from Western Australia, the closest Apple store is the one in Sydney. That's over 3000km away. So whenever I have problems with my iPod I have to send it away. No less than 4 times have I had to send my iPod over east to get serviced, so in total I've lost my iPods for about 2 and a half months in total. It's either lose it or put up with the problem :(

6. chrisgpix thread starter macrumors member

more

I'm surprised that Perth doesn't have an Apple store. 2 and a half months is pretty steep without ya ipod is pretty steep!...I'm surprised Apple didn't tell you to learn to whistle in the meantime!

7. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

I'm also from WA. Im waiting till near the end of my iPhone warranty to send it in for some cosmetic problems that it has developed (not my fault) just because it takes so long for them to send them out.

8. chrisgpix thread starter macrumors member

same here

Thats what I'm going to do, chop it in at the end of the warranty...maybe they'll swap it for the next gen iphone!?!? yeah right!

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It's nothing iPhone-specific, Vodafone support as a whole is a complete joke.

10. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

It's just a lesson for the future, check into warranties before you buy a product.

Mu iPhone was having problems and I tried taking it into Optus and they weren't going to even give me a temp phone! So I had to take it to the Apple store and waste 3 hours sitting in that glass prison.

Think of it like any other mobile, if it breaks you have to take back to the store and do the same process.

11. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

We don't have an apple store and DigiLife our main apple reseller just folded so there gone. I now have to use disksmith's for apple goods

12. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

This is the way it has always been if Apple don't have a retail presence. The UK used to be exactly the same until a few years back when they started opening stores - but even now, there's still huge holes in the "coverage", filled by resellers and such.