Apple Offering $60 Apple Music / iTunes Gift Card With Beats Headphones and Speakers for Limited Time

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 3, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today launched a new promotion in its retail and online stores, offering a $60 Apple Music / iTunes gift cards with the purchase of Beats headphones or speakers. The promotion, first spotted by 9to5Mac, runs from December 3 to December 28, 2015.

[​IMG]

The promotion is available for all Beats headphones and speakers save for a select few, including the Beats Mixr high-performance headphones, the urBeats in-ear headphones, the special edition Beats Tour in-ear headphones and the special edition Beats PowerBeats 2 wireless in-ear headphones. When users purchase an eligible Beats headphone or speaker, they will receive a $60 iTunes gift card that can be used to pay for an Apple Music subscription.

Apple also launched a promotion involving Beats earlier this year, giving away free Beats Solo2 headphones with the purchase of a Mac in its annual Back to School promotion.

Article Link: Apple Offering $60 Apple Music / iTunes Gift Card With Beats Headphones and Speakers for Limited Time

2. iAbc21 macrumors newbie

iAbc21

3. Icaras, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015

Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Great deal! This gives me more of a reason to get to get the Beats Pill+ now :D

Just too bad this deal doesn't combine with EPP discounts.

4. Panos82A macrumors newbie

Panos82A

What about the UK store? Promotion does not seem available?

5. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

Surprise surprise can't see it either.... Would have bought with this probably as still on the fence.

6. neongrau macrumors newbie

By the headline i thought you get some free Beats headphones with the purchase of a limited $60 gift card. :(

7. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

You were reading it wrong.

8. Matthew.H macrumors 6502

Matthew.H

We never seem to get these sort of offers in the UK. Yet with 20% VAT Apple would probably make more money from us than from US customers.

9. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

You do realise Apple doesn't get a penny of the 20% VAT, it goes straight to the tax man.

10. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

Why can't Apple just swallow their pride and add NFC connectivity to their music systems? We get it, the iPhone doesn't have it, therefore nobody gets to use it.

But almost every other high end portable music system let's you just tap to pair and I'm sure many Android users have beats products

11. Matthew.H macrumors 6502

Matthew.H

I realise that perfectly as I've worked in retail myself. However that doesn't mean that Apple wouldn't charge us a bit more than US price before the tax is deducted.

12. wsc9005 macrumors regular

I know right.. The price is ridiculous in the UK. Typically $99 in the US = £99 in the UK

13. koulmj Suspended

koulmj

Are beats headphones good sound quality I was under the impression that they were fancy wireless and fun but the sound quality wasn't as good as some of the other devices ?

14. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It's usually been around the $100 = £80 mark but it's recently crept closer to £85.

15. Pakaku macrumors 68020

Pakaku

Apple Pay is NFC, so technically the hardware is already there.

16. mdhwoods macrumors regular

Good deal, just bought the blue wired Beats 2 for my daughter. Planned on buying them anyways so the promo was nice bonus.

17. Mackinjosh Suspended

LOL, just buy real headsets that are already more than 60 dollars less and if you want to use the savings on a gift card, do that. Don't buy this overpriced crap.

18. merkinmuffley macrumors 6502a

Having used them, I'd have to say your impression of the sound quality is correct. You can do better.

19. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

I actually have a pair of beats solos (given to me, I might add) and they're okay. They are let down by poor build quality though. You pick them up and they feel like they're worth about £25, not £100+

20. ayobonus macrumors regular

Really? I was looking forward to using an EPP discount with this deal. Did you try to do it in store?

21. ayobonus macrumors regular

Just read the terms and agreements about the promo. Doesn't state anything regarding the EPP being excluded. I'll try this in store.

22. Akzel macrumors regular

And then they remove the headphones port from the iPhone and if you bought a wired one you'll have to carry a dongle OR buy a brand new phone…

23. Icaras, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015

Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

No I tried using it online and a $60 gift card was not automatically added to my bag. But I didn't try to manually add it. Hmm I'll try to add it later today to see if it gets discounted. Please let me if either of you have any luck in store.

Edit: yea, just tried manually adding the gift card to my bag online and it didn't get discounted so I can confirm it doesn't work online unfortunately.

24. Yumbo macrumors 6502

But EPP has even better deals up to 55% off.

Editor, how about mentioning that this is US only?

25. rhoydotp macrumors 6502

rhoydotp

Dang it, I was just going to order from the Canadian site! Thanks for the heads-up!