Apple Offering $70 Off Beats Studio3 'Skyline' Wireless Headphones Collection

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 13, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple is offering a special $70 promotional discount on its "Skyline Collection" of Beats Studio 3 Wireless Headphones on its online store.

[​IMG]

The Skyline Studio 3 Wireless Headphones come in Crystal Blue, Desert Sand, Midnight Black, and Shadow Grey. All of the colors feature gold accents with a gold beats logo and gold band.

The collection was originally launched online in October for $349.99, but Apple is currently offering them for $279.99 online and via Apple Store pickup, presumably for a limited time.

Studio 3 Wireless Headphones feature Apple's Pure Adaptive Noise Canceling technology, designed to block external noise when listening.

They're also equipped with an Apple W1 chip, designed to make it easy to switch between devices when listening. The power efficiency of the chip also means the headphones last for 22 hours on one charge.

Article Link: Apple Offering $70 Off Beats Studio3 'Skyline' Wireless Headphones Collection

2. Pepe4life macrumors regular

Pepe4life

The fact that these headphones still come with micro USB ports is atrocious.

3. CmdrLaForge macrumors 601

CmdrLaForge

Seems to be US only. No change in the German Store.

4. NBAasDOGG macrumors 6502

NBAasDOGG

Title should be:

Apple Offering $70 Off Beats Studio3 'Skyline' Wireless Headphones Collection With A Big Fat Middelfinger To EU

5. az431 macrumors 6502a

az431

A USB C port would be a welcome addition, but keeping micro USB makes sense because it is by far the most common charging port. I can only imagine the delusional rants if Apple had switched the port.

It’s certainly not “atrocious.”

6. DrJohnnyN macrumors 65816

DrJohnnyN

7. Vasilioskn macrumors 6502

Vasilioskn

8. outskirtsofinfinity macrumors regular

outskirtsofinfinity

I always found it weird that Apple sells other companies’ products in their store. It dilutes their brand. Why not just buy Beats and rebrand it an Apple product. Same with Belkin etc.

9. skillz1318 macrumors regular

Hope so...been waiting for Apple noise cancelling headset with W1 chip

10. tridley68 macrumors 6502a

tridley68

$70 dollars off an already over priced crappy set of
    headphones.

11. travis64 macrumors 6502a

travis64

Apple owns beats

12. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

Um... Apple has owned Beats for like 5 years.

13. outskirtsofinfinity macrumors regular

outskirtsofinfinity

I must have not gotten that memo... So, if that is the case, why is the brand name still Beats and not Apple? I associate "Beats" with gangsters, murder, drug culture, bad music and unsavoury characters.

14. Smearbrick macrumors regular

Aside from a few missteps here and there, Apple is consistently churning out products that are very consistent when it comes to quality. I can’t imagine they are happy with Beats. They are regularly ranked last in sound quality and features bet still command such a high price. Apple really should step in at some point before the brand is completely in the toilet.

15. Hazmat401 macrumors member

Hazmat401

Sounds like you also call the cops on a certain demographic of people in an area that looks like they don’t “belong”

16. Smearbrick macrumors regular

Just... um... wow.

17. B4U macrumors 68000

B4U

Actually, the regular colors are also $70 off.

18. scottcampbell macrumors regular

Good luck in life sir

19. SparkOnShore macrumors member

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/beats/studio3-wireless

Study the above linked scientific FR curves of Studio3 and open your minds, all of you. Get over the past and move on, finally! Beats Studio3 are some of the best wireless, ANC, over ear headphones in the market right now. Apple & Beats do an awesome job in sound!
    --- Post Merged, Feb 13, 2019 ---
    You are stuck to what you were hearing from others in 2010, not even knowing that beats headphones are anymore made in cooperation with Apple’s engineers! Open your eyes and mind and get to know modernity! And one more thing; there is no bad music, it’s just music that you cannot hear but others can! That’s perfectly fine, you know...

And some scientific FR curves of the Studio3 audio reproduction for you:

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/beats/studio3-wireless

20. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Beats still dominates sales in the "premium" headphone market even if they are outclassed by other brands at similar or higher prices.

I bought the Studio 3 (at an admittedly significant discount off list) because they connect seamlessly with my iPhone, my iPad Pro, my Macs and my AppleTV.

I knew the Bose and Sony had better noise cancellation, but the Sony especially was criticized in reviews for how annoying it's pairing process was with multiple devices.

I find the sound quality perfectly acceptable and I do not listen to "bass forward" music. I read a significant number of reviews prior to buying them because I was worried they would be "all bass all the time" and those reviews all said the Studio 3 were far more neutral than previous Beats products even if they still did favor a more "bassy" sound.

And Apple has been widely reported to be planning to introduce their own branded high-end headset this year so if you do not prefer the Beats sound but do want seamless integration with Apple products, that could be an option.

21. williamyun7 macrumors newbie

williamyun7

Apple has already bought Beats.

22. Smearbrick macrumors regular

Actually, most of the reviews seem to point to be opposite with Beats these days. If anything, they state that the headphones aren’t bass-heavy enough. Strange how things change.

This is not my personal take on these headphones, I had read and watched some reviews based on comparisons between Bose, Sony, Beats and even Microsoft.

23. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

wow!

24. outskirtsofinfinity macrumors regular

outskirtsofinfinity

25. Babu Life macrumors regular

Babu Life