Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today began sending out emails to customers letting them know about a free two-hour delivery option on a selection of products available from its online store. Apple says that customers can get free delivery when ordering online before 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 24.

apple-free-two-hour-delivery.jpg

Courier delivery will be used for these orders, and the option usually costs $9 in the United States. Courier deliveries are provided by companies like Uber and Postmates, and the shipping option is available on Apple products in metro areas in the United States and Canada. In Australia, free three-hour delivery is available.

Devices eligible for free two-hour shipping include the iPhone, Apple Watch, AirPods, iPad, iMac, and Apple TV, with other non-Apple products and accessories not included in the offer. Note that the Apple Watch may only be available for a limited time as online sales in the U.S. are set to stop today.

Many other products are still available for free express shipping from Apple at this time, but free two-hour delivery will be an option up until Christmas Eve.

Article Link: Apple Offering Free Two-Hour Delivery for Last-Minute Gifts

jntdroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Two hour "delivery" followed by a two hour phone call and two week investigation by Apple and Uber.

I've used this courier service a lot of the past few years and was finally burned by this recently. Well, I wasn't burned. But it was a hassle. Once Apple had the whole picture (having the local store manager step in helped), they had me fully refunded within a day, and someone at Uber likely had a [self-inflicted] bad day soon after...

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
I used this 2 hour delivery service for the first time yesterday and all went well. I was a bit puzzled when the delivery guy said that he had an Uber Eats package for me ( I have never used Uber Eats). I guess that is who Apple uses for this type of service. Using this service sure beats having to trudge through a packed shopping center parking lot in the rain.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
Do you really want an Uber or Postmates driver delivering your new Iphone Pro Max?

I wouldn't have a problem with that.

*If* there was an issue with respect to delivery, Apple owns the iPhone until it's delivered into my hands and signed for.

Should there be an issue, there's absolutely zero doubt Apple would quickly solve the problem.

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
California
Anybody who has ever used Uber or seen a video on YouTube featuring Uber drivers will know not to use this service. I was going to have my 15PM delivered on Monday and then I found out they use Uber. That’s a no for me dog. I took my chances with UPS and it paid off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.