Apple Offers No Matte Option On Desktop Displays

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kolax, Jul 27, 2010.

1. kolax macrumors G3

With the release of the new 27" Cinema Display, Apple no longer offers a matte display. Pretty poor..

I really thought they'd have kept the glossy model as the one for advertising, but had a matte option too.

2. PetitBourgeois macrumors member

Well, Apple's still selling the 30" display, even though it is still the same price.

3. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Yeah, I just noticed.

But that'll be EOL soon.

4. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

5. RubbishBBspeed macrumors regular

Assuming my PO gets passed,

I'd have two of the 30" acd straight away. The 27" lower resolution is likely to stuff me on the order spec. But there is no way I'd be allowed to spend that amount of money on two displays that are that old. They'd have to come down to the price of the 24" at least (kind of be a comparable, 24" new and higher tech or 30" larger but older tech, buyer takes there pick). Likely hood of apple doing that....... NOT A CHANCE.

Today has not been a good day.

6. pprior macrumors 65816

Extremely disappointing from apple. I know there are many folks who love glassy displays but I absolutely HATE them as I'm very sensitive to glare. At this point after waiting years for a 30" ACD update, I'm onto other manufacturers.

Apple seems more and more focused on the mass market. I understand it as a shareholder, but as a user, I would like at least some priority to the professional / power user other than the mac pro.

7. autacraft Guest

+1

So pissed about this, not so much the 30" line being discontinued, clearly theyre not selling enough, but the fact they arent offering a matte version of the 27"....its completely annoying!

The 30" IMO is one of the best displays on the market, and theres not a single graphic designer/photographer out there that prefers glossy displays over matte for colour accuracy.

Its just such a short sighted decision on apples behalf as many designers/creatives could never afford the big 30", but a 27" MATTE display im sure would have sold so well.

I'd most likely buy a 30" still, but the sheer fact is - I dont have the money!

If theyre gonna drop the matte line, the least they could of done was offer us all a reduced price 30"

BOOOO Apple!

8. Ice Dragon macrumors 6502a

Ice Dragon

Is it possible that the matte is being released in the near future?

9. iCaleb macrumors 6502

Thw LED backlit does not preform well with matte so thats prob. the case

10. OceanView macrumors 65816

I just don't get the big shift from Apple to go to Glossy. Was there really a strong demand for glossy screens? Are these cheaper to source out?
    To me it's like a gimmick just to get people to buy their stuff in their shinny stores but when you get home and deal with the glare day in and day out, it gets old pretty quick.

I was waiting for better features on the new Mac Pro and hoping for new matte displays but with these new announcements, I'm looking at getting a new windows PC and just forget about Apple computers.