Apple "official" pre-owned iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dvir971, May 12, 2016.

1. dvir971 macrumors regular

dvir971

Hello Apple brothers!
    I'm currently using an iPhone 5 and it became really a struggle, I really need a new device. I've been planning to buy the next iPhone, but now I'm hearing it won't be so big, and only the one after it will be the bomb. Now money is kind of an issue, I can't buy a new iPhone every other year so I don't know if it's worth "wasting" my purchase on the iPhone 7, maybe I should wait for the next one?
    Anyway, I got a chance to buy a pre-owned iPhone 6 in a decent price and I thought maybe I'll do that and stick with it for some time (a very good device indeed) and then wait for the 8s or something... However I never heard about these pre owned iPhones- what are those? It seems like an official thing from Apple, comes in a new box that looks like new but have a very nice "Pre-Owned" Apple style title on it.... Are these devices good? Will they survive a long time use? What exactly are they anyway? Is it worth buying?
    Also, what do you think about my long term plan?

Thanks

2. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

Pre owned? Never heard of that. Id say see how much you get a SE for..

3. Jeff R macrumors 6502

Jeff R

Apple does not sell pre owned iPhones. Other companies do though like Game Stop.

The iPhones aren't perfect, might have some scuffs and scratches, after market ear buds & charger. Hit or miss.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well…American carriers do it all the time. You can get a discount for buying used phones.

5. SuperKerem macrumors 6502a

SuperKerem

I think you're confusing 'pre-owned' with refurbished. Apple Certified Refurbished products are a thing, and they do indeed come with a special, plain box with an Apple-style title.

These products are essentially new. The casing is new. The battery is new. The internal components may have been used in the past, but they are all thoroughly tested before they are used in any Apple refurbished product.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

6. canuckRus macrumors 6502

canuckRus