APPLE official statement: only 9 bent iphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
only 9 REPORTED TO APPLE bent iphones.

Haven't you seen that pretty much 100% of macrumors has bent iphones?

fmcarv

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
9 out of how many million??

joke!

Please close all threads related to this non-issue

AustinIllini

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Serious question. If I get my phone caught in a gate of a fence, do I have to create a thread here with the hashtag #fencegategate, or can I just shorten it to #fencegate?

mcnallym

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
only 9 REPORTED TO APPLE bent iphones.

Haven't you seen that pretty much 100% of macrumors has bent iphones?
I see after reading the statement linked too that Apple have said only 9 complaints, not just reported too.
I suspect that Apple are taking the number of people that have lodged a complaint, as opposed to simply contacting Apple and saying my phone is bent are you going to replace it.

Reminds me of SLA's where you get a 15 minute response and then get an automated response saying thank you for contacting company X. Yes they have responded but not particurlay useful to me.

How many people have simply phoned AppleCare and how many have actually registered complaints.

Yes I am aware that original part has been quoted and still viewable in those quotes.

Last edited:

fmcarv

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Note that is reported to Apple. How many people have simply taken to forums and not bothered to actually report it to Apple

Seriously??

You just bought a phone it bends and you keep quiet and don't take it back to Apple.

#troll ??

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Note that is reported to Apple. How many people have simply taken to forums and not bothered to actually report it to Apple
Silly statement. if a person really bent their phone (whether it be reckless care on their part or through normal use) you can damn well believe they will complain to Apple. Macrumors isn't going to be responsible or replace their phone. So no...any official bendage will be reported ASAP.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
It's ridiculous.

There is no issue. Of course it's going to bloody bend if you apply pressure to it.

Let's move on.

VFC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
SE PA.
I believe many more cases of 6+ phones bending will be reported over time.

Most everyone who gets a new gadget will baby it. If they put it in their pocket, they will keep that fact in the forefront of their mind and be very careful bending/sitting. However, over time as the excitement wears off, people will often "temporarily" forget they have the phone in their pockets.

So when things happen like someone drops something and you instinctively bend down to pick it up (especially if she's cute) you could end up with a bent phone. For people who do not put their 6+ in their pocket; three months from now, you may make a split-second decision and slip the phone in your pocket to help a friend carry some heavy items from his car to his apartment. There are many,many examples of normal behavior that will result in the phone being put under physical stress.

The issue is the threshold of force to bend the 6+ is too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.