Apple Officially Responds to iMac Problems

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Man-Droid, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Man-Droid macrumors regular

2. Btom macrumors 6502a

I am actually surprised: Where are all the macfans now, who were claiming most of the yellowing is in our heads only, where are they?
    Are we now allowed to replace faulty iMacs without being spanked?

Tom B.

3. archipellago macrumors 65816

I don't know whats worse..

the fact that it's not true (the fix)....

or that

they knowingly shipped faulty product

4. StarTzar macrumors member

Probably out looking for a repair shop...

Or following the yellow tinged brick road...Hoping that the wizard can give them a quick fix.

5. Raima macrumors 6502

After being unimpressed with an LG LCD tv 4 years ago, I've never gone back to LG. I wish Apple had known better. LG would be mid to bottom of my list for selecting a manufacturer for the "ULTIMATE" display.

6. Man-Droid thread starter macrumors regular

From a business stand point I can understand their reluctance in just outwardly saying that there was a problem. They have at least admitted it. I'm just hoping it is fixed so I can get one. I'm sitting on the money.

7. unixfool macrumors 6502a

I don't think its the fact that "it was in your heads". It's the fact that a majority of the images that complained of yellowing wasn't as apparent as people made it out to be. Now, if I saw a pink elephant and insisted that it was there, but you didn't see it, you'd say the same thing: "I don't see jack!" I didn't see one yellow image. I've good vision and perception. Should I lie to myself? Should I look closer at my screen until I begin to see it? Naw, that ain't me...not gonna do it.

People looking for problems will eventually find them.

Just for you, next time we'll just say, "yeah, we see it...we see the pink elephant."

8. banya95 macrumors member

So where is the "official" quote stating this on the Apple website and who gave this "official" quote?

Almost anyone can place text on a website and call it an "official" quote, but where's the proof?

I understand that the panels are faulty/defective, I can see it and I am sure they aren't lying but has there really been any "official" quote from Apple stating this fact? I haven't seen any ownership of the actual issue.

9. covrc macrumors member

Mello Yellow

Well after 3 days of trying to deny it, I sent my new i7 back this morning because of yellow screen. I hope the next one is flawless.

10. Man-Droid thread starter macrumors regular

Good luck. I am buying mine in the next month or so. I've been waiting for some positive news on the screens.

11. StarTzar macrumors member

Denial is the first step..... It's the most difficult.

Hope number two does it for you. I've returned four defective iMacs and decided to wait for the next "new and improved" lineup.

12. RyanTheGeneral macrumors regular

Good luck to those who have had to replace their iMacs. I am looking forward to picking one up by the end of the year so hopefully by then the new ones will be released and the problems will be fixed.

I don't see why it should not

13. Btom macrumors 6502a

I don't know about the pink elephant, but local temperature of screen can be easily tested (as some guys over here did). Why Apple didn't buy a ~$500(?) piece of equipment for the final QC? I still think many users don't realize they have yellow tinge (or still don't care). And I have seen enough yellow tinged screens in the stores to hold on to my credit card.

Tom B.

14. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Relax Francis. It'll be alright...

15. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

It should be fixed soon now that they know about it.:D

16. unixfool macrumors 6502a

I've seen the threads of the testing...its not technical but I wouldn't call it easy, either. I'm basically talking about the end results, not the testing itself. I can't see the problems, literally.

17. Buzz Bumble Guest

OK, so according to this report,
    Flickering = fixed
    Yellow tint = fixed
    but what about the gray-banding issue being reported by a few buyers recently??

18. Kabir8 macrumors regular

+1 to this.

Got it on Monday. Shipping it out within a week of having it.

I'm getting a replacement, if it isn't legit, its refund, then the waiting game for me, or maybe even...PC? :eek:

19. Btom macrumors 6502a

Trust me, this kind of testing is like one, two, three...
    Now, when you don't see it, maybe your screen doesn't have it? But Apple shouldn't leave us guessing and home test quite basic quality question: is my screen color uniform?

Tom B.

20. Btom macrumors 6502a

LOL, I feel better now...

Tom B.

21. Sir Cecil macrumors 6502a

As I've said elsewhere, the Apple statement is cleverly and very professionally worded. It can be interpreted two ways.

"We've addressed the issues that caused display flickering and yellow tint. Customers concerned that their iMac is affected should contact AppleCare."

But read this way...

"We've addressed (A) the issues that caused display flickering and (B) yellow tint. Customers concerned that their iMac is affected should contact AppleCare."

All Apple has said of yellow tint is that they've addressed it, which they have through exchanges. It says nothing of a fix being implemented, beyond replacement.

22. Buzz Bumble Guest

Glass half empty. :)

Try reading it as:
    "We've addressed the issues that caused (A) display flickering and (B) yellow tint. Customers concerned that their iMac is affected should contact AppleCare."

Why do people on the Internet always insist on trying to read between the lines rather than the actual words? :(

If you want to get pedantic about it, then the statement doesn't say they've actually "fixed" either problem, simply "addressed the issues".

23. MT0227 macrumors 6502

+1

24. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

so now you can all sleep relaxed as you are now sure you are not colorblind and dont hallucinate if you see cat pee on your screen, and if it flickers there is no need to go to your optician to get your eyes checked , its the screen that flickers