Apple on QVC 8PM 5/15

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Getitdone, May 15, 2012.

1. Getitdone, May 15, 2012
    Last edited: May 15, 2012

Getitdone macrumors member

**Show Cancelled** They sold out all the Apple stock earlier today so are now substituting with Dell. The iPad 4G seem to be available on the QVC site, the WiFi only seems to be backorder on the website.

I just noticed that Apple is selling on QVC today - evidently they had a few shows earlier in the day, but one is coming up at 8:00 p.m. East Coast time. The promo says iPads and iPods and the Special Value today is for a new iPad - 16GB WiFi - bundled with a number of accessories with 5 payment option. Details are on the QVC website.

I was quite surprised to see that Apple sold on QVC - just happened to see it listed in the TV Guide App - learn something new every day.

2. A420Turbo macrumors member

Ahahahahaa all sold out even before it aired and I dont even know what they were selling lol . . . Not surprised I guess

3. Getitdone thread starter macrumors member

Look at the QVC site home page under Today's Special Value - looks like 4G available there, WiFi only looks like back order. Plus, has details on all of the bundled items, etc.

4. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

I saw the midnight and 6:00pm shows. I wanted to smack the woman selling it at midnight. She kept saying that the new iPad's screen is "more pixelated", in her usage meaning that the screen had more pixels. I wanted to scream "No! Pixelated means BAD!"

5. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

Who the hell would buy one of these from QVC?
    $849 for a 16GB WiFi.
    Are you serious?

6. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

Well, to be fair, they are including in the package a bunch of stuff. Armored case, sytlus, fancy headphones, etc.

Not sure if it's worth $350 for that other junk, but some people like packages. Also, QVC allows for splitting the cost over 5 easy payments. Lots of people like this feature as well.

This is typical QVC practice. They sell tons of merchandise this way and they've made a very good business at it.

BTW, as far as their clientel goes, it's usually not the type that hangs out on Macrumors. ;)

7. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

There is no way the accessories are worth $350 but anyway.
    I guess its no worse than putting it on a high interest credit card if you have one. Then paying it off. Because whomever buys this your paying some serious interest.

8. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

They add those accessories so they can jack up the price. I'm guessing that no reseller can buy the iPad at much of a discount, so places like QVC and HSN need to jack up the price to make an appreciable profit.

9. Alexjones macrumors 6502

I paid $832 for The new iPad 32 gig 4G and Wifi w/tax included from the Apple store and 6 months interest free financing from Barclays.

10. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

I get that people want to use the EasyPay option to get an iPad, but paying an extra $360 is just not worth it to me. I really don't think the accessories they are offering are worth such a premium.

To each his own, I guess.

11. poloponies macrumors 68030

My mother-in-law, for one. She just assumes that they're giving her a fair price. Plenty of knuckleheads out there.

12. davedvdy macrumors regular

They are also selling an iPad 2 64 GB+3G for 1119.95 with "accessories"?
    That's over $100 more than I paid for my 3rd generation with Apple Care Plus. :eek:

13. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

I was shocked at the price & even more shocked at how many were willing to pay it.

14. Getitdone thread starter macrumors member

I agree - my sister always buys bundled tech packages because it's much easier for her when getting new things for her family. Plus, I know that others love the QVC payment options. It's not something that I would do, but to each his/her own.

15. ljones macrumors regular

Really? $887.03... and I have a 64GB Verizon.