Apple - one man's opinion

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by elgrecomac, Apr 13, 2010.

1. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

I am relatively new convert to Apple hardware and software. I have a 17" MBP and a 30" Cinema Display. And I am, admittedly, a big fan of Windows 7 OS...the Vista they should have released which I use daily, via Fusion, for MS Project and MS Visio.

But I am totally stunned by what Apple has done in the past few days:

1. They release a brand new product line with great success: the iPad. Then, within a few days...
    2. They release stunning new portable computers which have been redesigned and have unprecedented battery life.
    3. The preview the new OS for the iPhone and iPad: OS4 that will be available in a few months.

And in about 3 months, if history repeats itself, Apple will release a new model of iPhone that may even support CDMA as well as GSM, placing them in a position to completely bury RIM.

I always thought that Google was the most aggressive company around but it looks like Apple has assumed that position. Their leadership across multiple platforms is unrivaled. And they make products people don't even know they want or need...but they do.

Bravo Apple.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I don't really think this is the right forum for this. However:

1. They release an oversized version of a pre-existing product.
    2. They release a marginal upgrade to a line of computers 3 months overdue.
    3. They announce the operating system that should have shipped with #1.

Bravo.

They are, however, very good at making us need products that we never knew we wanted.

3. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

1. Some will say a glorified iPod Touch
    2. They bought their computers up to the same level as others, whilst charging a lot more. Nothing really ground breaking with the release
    3. OS4 doesn't really excite a lot of people. Faux maulti-tasking (already done), folders (already done) and.... I forget what else was new for the iPhone. But really, what they're bringing out has been done before AFAIK.

Anyway, I'm a recent convert to Apple, and as much as I love my iMac (dispite the screen issues), I'm yet to experience the 'wow factor' like you. I'm hoping I catch it soon though :)