Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechieTaco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2023
Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn’t find anything myself.

Currently I have Apple Music and iCloud 200GB. I’m considering Apple One, and it says it comes with iCloud+ with 50 GB. Does that mean I get an additional 50GB or does it reduce my storage from 200 to 50?

Would I have two separate payments- one for iCloud and one for Apple One? My goal is to condense payments since Apple Music is $11 and iCloud is $3, to just pay a little more and it all be one payment.

My guess is Apple One comes with 50GB by itself and if I want to keep the 200GB I’d have to keep that active too, defeating the purpose of getting Apple One for me.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I think you're better off just keeping what you have, unless you have reason to share the account with 4 other folks and spend for the middle tier.

seggy

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2016
Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn’t find anything myself.

Currently I have Apple Music and iCloud 200GB. I’m considering Apple One, and it says it comes with iCloud+ with 50 GB. Does that mean I get an additional 50GB or does it reduce my storage from 200 to 50?

Would I have two separate payments- one for iCloud and one for Apple One? My goal is to condense payments since Apple Music is $11 and iCloud is $3, to just pay a little more and it all be one payment.

My guess is Apple One comes with 50GB by itself and if I want to keep the 200GB I’d have to keep that active too, defeating the purpose of getting Apple One for me.

What you need to do is to stack additional iCloud+ storage on top of One (in your case, back up to 200Gb). It is possible and it will be billed as part of One - not iCloud+. Whether it's worth it is something else.

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
I have Apple One, but I also use Apple Music, Apple Arcade, Apple News and Apple TV+ which are all bundled together. When I added what I was paying for all of them, it made sense for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.