Apple One to One

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by xxplosive1984, May 1, 2010.

1. xxplosive1984 macrumors regular

If I buy a brand new MBP from a Best Buy/Amazon and I brought my receipt to the Apple Store, could I still be eligible to sign up[ for One to One? It's seems pretty unfair that I can't even get a good deal on a refurb unit and still get the service. They should offer it to whoever desires to learn more about Macs.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

When Apple offered the One to One service to anyone that wanted to pay for it, the biggest complaint from the people paying for the service was that it was difficult to schedule a session. There were way more people wanting sessions than there was availability to sign up for sessions.

Apple Stores are physically limited in the number of sessions that they can conduct per day.

Short of holding sessions in front of the demo computers on the sales floor, the only other way to address this problem was to slow down the pace of people signing up for the service (which they did by making it so only people who bought new computers directly from Apple are eligible for the program).

:(

3. xxplosive1984 thread starter macrumors regular

Still disappointing, but makes total sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)