Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
It seems that tomorrow, 30th Oct 2020, Apple will release 'Apple One'.
A moment ago, I just started looking into Apple One. A few weeks ago, I was researching Apple Music, and was contemplating using that, versus my Sirius XM. Still on the fence.

Anyone else signing up for 'Apple One', or...?

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Considering the family plan. Unsatisfied with iCloud storage offers that are bundled and only really see ourselves using music and tv. I know I can add the extra storage on top but don’t need 2 TB and 1 TB @ $5 isn’t an option. Not looking to give Apple money for something I don’t need.
Now if they offered music, tv and 1 TB of storage @$20, I’d be in. Don’t need, not interested in the other services.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It seems that tomorrow, 30th Oct 2020, Apple will release 'Apple One'.
A moment ago, I just started looking into Apple One. A few weeks ago, I was researching Apple Music, and was contemplating using that, versus my Sirius XM. Still on the fence.

Anyone else signing up for 'Apple One', or...?
Looks like it can potentially be more useful for some than others, depending on what is already being used or what the needs/wants are. For example:

Reactions: circatee

albal21

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
UK
I've just recently paid up for a single year subscription of Apple Music. Will they credit this against Apple One?

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Interesting, maybe.
Alternatively, another option might be to, cancel the Apple Music, then sign up for Apple One.

I've just recently paid up for a single year subscription of Apple Music. Will they credit this against Apple One?

albal21

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
UK
Cancelling a year sub just stops the renewal. The term still runs. I'm on with Apple support to see what they can do and will report back here.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Brilliant, thanks for looking into it.

The question I have is, how does one sign up for Apple One? I see no option in Settings \ iCloud...

Just got off the chat with Apple support and they confirm you will receive a refund for the unused portion of any subscription in the Apple One plan.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

sharpie000

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2014
I signed up for the Premier plan. I already had the 2TB iCloud subscription. I was prompted to switch over on my phone, but I don't understand how to go about doing it. I went to Settings > iCloud > Manage Storage; but no dice. I don't see where to make the swap so I can cancel the $9.99 plan. I can't delete the subscription as I have a lot of files in my iCloud which I can't lose. Anyone have any suggestions?

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
I signed up for the Premier plan. I already had the 2TB iCloud subscription. I was prompted to switch over on my phone, but I don't understand how to go about doing it. I went to Settings > iCloud > Manage Storage; but no dice. I don't see where to make the swap so I can cancel the $9.99 plan. I can't delete the subscription as I have a lot of files in my iCloud which I can't lose. Anyone have any suggestions?
From Settings \ iCloud \ Manage Storage switch to 'no storage', i.e. downgrade. Then, when you select it, it will show a window showing, "You will still have X storage with your Apple One subscription".

I just had to cancel my storage ($0.99 a month), since I signed up for Apple One. And, that was the message I received during the process. Initially, it showed I had 100GB or storage, versus 50GB...

sharpie000

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2014
From Settings \ iCloud \ Manage Storage switch to 'no storage', i.e. downgrade. Then, when you select it, it will show a window showing, "You will still have X storage with your Apple One subscription".

I just had to cancel my storage ($0.99 a month), since I signed up for Apple One. And, that was the message I received during the process. Initially, it showed I had 100GB or storage, versus 50GB...
Ok, I found the solution for those that are running into the same problem.

Apple released their support page for Apple One and existing paid iCloud storage plans.

Look here

For those (like me) who have an Apple ID for iCloud storage and another Apple ID for media / app purchases, go here.

I had to follow the directions for the section titled

Reassign your iCloud storage in Settings​

because I wasn't prompted when I signed up for Apple One Premier.

Once I completed the transition, I went back to iCloud storage and it now shows the 2TB with Apple One and removed the 2TB $9.99 iCloud storage.

Last edited:

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Ok, I found the solution for those that are running into the same problem.

Apple released their support page for Apple One and existing paid iCloud storage plans.

Look here

For those (like me) who have an Apple ID for iCloud storage and another Apple ID for media / app purchases, go here.

I had to follow the directions for the section titled

Reassign your iCloud storage in Settings​

because I wasn't prompted when I signed up for Apple One Premier.

Once I completed the transition, I went back to iCloud storage and it now shows the 2TB with Apple One and removed the 2TB $9.99 iCloud storage.
...thanks for sharing!

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
so what's the upcharge to get the "Family" Tier but with 2TB of Storage instead of 200gb? Anyone tried?
You can just add it to any One Bundle for the normal $9.99/mo. So if you got family, you would pay $29.98 and get 2.2TB

Sjharris021

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2020
UK
Ok, so say I’ve got Apple TV+ free until next March, if I take out an Apple One subscription, what happens to the free Apple TV+?

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Ok, so say I’ve got Apple TV+ free until next March, if I take out an Apple One subscription, what happens to the free Apple TV+?
Not sure exactly. Apple did extend the 'freeness' till Feb 2021. I just signed up for Apple One, and see that my Apple Tv renews on 30th November 2020.

So, no clue...

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Ok, but when would it have renewed had you not signed up for Apple One?

Hmm, based on my Apple email receipt, it seems it would have renewed on 21st November 2020. Since the last receipt was 21st October 2020...

krisoy52001

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2020
London
Apple One subscription service is available. Have anyone subscribe to it or going to subscribe? Is it even worth it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.