Apple online diagnostics said my battery was fine...

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Is it worth booking an appointment and getting a 2nd opinion in store or will they have on record that my phone has recently been checked?

My iPhone 6 battery isn't lasting a day, not charging fully overnight, probably get about 4 hours screen time with it. Its not right and I don't know what tests they did online or what calculations could decide that my battery is fine.

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
This means there’s nothing technically wrong with your battery but the life has reduced due to normal wear and tear. Generally they probably won’t have it on record & will run another round of tests in store anyway.

Reactions: jbachandouris

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
This means there’s nothing technically wrong with your battery but the life has reduced due to normal wear and tear. Generally they probably won’t have it on record & will run another round of tests in store anyway.
Thanks

Isn't there something from Apple about retaining up to 80% of its original capacity, is this tested too?

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Yes, but, big question is when did you buy the 6 and is it under AppleCare? If out of warranty, $79 battery replacement cost. Normal wear is not covered.

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/battery-power
Could maybe be covered under 6 year consumer law here in the UK where the product should be fit for purpose.

I have used this in the past on an out of warranty iPhone where the edges of the screen were yellowing.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Could maybe be covered under 6 year consumer law here in the UK where the product should be fit for purpose.

I have used this in the past on an out of warranty iPhone where the edges of the screen were yellowing.
:rolleyes:

No wonder UK prices keep going up.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
I dont think that battery is treated as an item lasting 6years.

If you have updated your phone to ios11 and issue started after that, it is the reason as you can find many post about the battery life and ios11.

Reactions: ABC5S