Apple online ordering for store pickup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cc999, Nov 3, 2014.

1. cc999 macrumors 6502

Has anyone successfully completed a transaction? This is totally ridiculous. This happened at least 20 times in the last 2 days, shows available for pickup, get to end to actually place order and I get a service error! Close down browser, restart process and again shows available, same thing, get to end service error.

HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY COMPLETED AN ONLINE TRANSACTION FOR IN STORE PICKUP WITHIN THE LAST WEEK?

CC

2. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Yup. I did yesterday.

AT&T.

I did it the weekend before, too.

And last month.

You trying to buy a T-Mobile or something?

Good luck with that one.

3. cc999 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Is T-Mobile your provider?

I tried to buy a T-Mo one (for simplicity's sake, since I wanted to pay for it outright instead of upgrading), but it's way easier to buy the other carriers' phones online as upgrade, then go to the store and cancel the upgrade to have them sell you the phone outright.

Unless you are on T-Mo or some overseas carrier.

5. cc999 thread starter macrumors 6502

Att

Here is my exact story, I now have a 6 , Space Grey, 128 mb unlocked running on my carrier ATT. I want the 6 plus so I will sell my six when I land a plus. I really wanted to get a Verizon version unlocked full purchase price and use it on my ATT service. Turns out you cannot do this online you have to actually goto the store and then they will sell it to you. Well I tried several Apple stores the last few days to only come up empty. So option 2 is to just order online for store pick up of the Tmobile version. The 6 I have now I did the online order - store pick up but that was a few weeks ago. I have been living on the apple site as well as istock now trying to land one. Several times they become available, I immediately try the online order and always get the error at the end.

Any suggestions/Help would be much appreciated. I live in the North Jersey area but I am willing to drive 2 hours to get one.

CC

6. perenoel macrumors newbie

I have a question here .. Would it be safe to buy a new iPhone from a classified ads website like this ad here http://www.europegiant.com/free-classified-ads/1708/cell-phones/

or should I go to an apple store instead ? I tend to find better deals on classifieds sites. I am not going to make any transaction , I just meet the local l sellers usually ... What would be the best option here ?

7. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

Had it happen at least 100 times until I got my SG AT&T 6+ 2 weeks ago.

8. cc999 thread starter macrumors 6502

?

You just kept trying until it finally goes through?

CC

9. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

10. cc999 thread starter macrumors 6502

frustrating

So damn frustrating! I guess I keep trying......

CC

11. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I had different issues ordering, but equally frustrating. I finally just found a phone at Best Buy. Wifey helped me with that lol.

Keep trying. You will eventually get it. At least you have a 6. I was using on Lumia 520 on this line and, while it wasn't a terrible phone, I am glad to be back to something a bit more responsive.

12. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Do none of the stores near you have an AT&T one? Did you need Verizon for any reason? If you buy AT&T and pay cash for it, you can have an unlocked 6+.