Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oman83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2010
Hi there,

Long time reader, first time poster!
I am looking to buy a macbook pro after the upcoming update but I'm looking for some advise on the format of the apple.com receipts. The reason is that I am able to buy this through work and claim 90% of the value of the laptop back so I'm looking to add as many extras as possible.
I know that hardware changes such as extra RAM and a SSD will show up as part of the laptop price but I'm wondering if something like Final Cut Express or Aperture 2 will show up as a completely separate item on the receipt. In my shopping basket Apple Care and the remote go through as separate items but the pre-installed software just get attached to the laptop as any hardware upgrade.
I just wanted to see if anyone had previously bought a mac with pre-installed software and could tell me what turns up on the actual receipt.

Thanks

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
you can see this for yourself.
If you start configuring a laptop and then add it to your cart you can see how the receipt will look. Pre-installed software is listed in the laptop configuration but doesn't list a separate price. Some hardware will show a separate price.

oman83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2010
But is that identical to the receipt you actually get when you buy it is my question.

sweex

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2009
If you select the pre-installed software like Aperture 2 and logic Express 4 it's included in the same price as you computer, but it looks like Mobile-Me and AppleCare aren't...

oman83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2010
Yeah I think I'll have to pay for the apple care myself but for a laptop that costs over £3000 i'd say it was a good investment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.