Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Some ten weeks after the launch of the 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro, Apple is just now catching up with demand, as evidenced by shipping estimates for new orders in many countries' Apple Online Stores moving to "in stock" status for standard configurations. The major exception to this status is in the Americas, where estimates have moved to 2-4 business days. These new estimates are improvements from the 5-7 business day quotes that were instituted just over three weeks ago.

uk_retina_macbook_pro_in_stock.jpg

UK online store showing "in stock" status for Retina MacBook Pro
Build-to-order configurations understandably take some additional processing time in many markets, with customizations generally bumping estimates up to 5-7 business days. Interestingly, customizing an order in an online store in the Americas does not result in any additional processing time, with all configurations being quoted the same 2-4 business day estimate as seen for stock models.

Some customers are undoubtedly still waiting for signs of a 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro, which has been rumored for an October launch. With Apple also appearing set to launch a new iPhone, the "iPad mini", and updated iPod models, the company seems primed to pack in a significant number of updates for the remainder of the calendar year.

(Thanks, Nathan!)

Article Link: Apple Online Stores Nearing Immediate Availability of Retina MacBook Pro Models

Aidan5806

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2012
At least we know they are selling well. Good on apple. Just like to point out that I think this is the most innovative product they've had in a while. Keep doin what you do apple. Luv ya:D

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2008
Yet my order is still: "Processing items" since last Tuesday. I hope this means my delivery for custom config will come soon :D

iRobby

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Fort Myers, FL USA
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Some ten weeks after the launch of the 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro, Apple is just now catching up with demand, as evidenced by shipping estimates for new orders in many countries' Apple Online Stores moving to "in stock" status for standard configurations. The major exception to this status is in the Americas, where estimates have moved to 2-4 business days. These new estimates are improvements from the 5-7 business day quotes that were instituted just over three weeks ago.

Some customers are undoubtedly still waiting for signs of a 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro, which has been rumored for an October launch.

Hope those people get their 13" MacBook Pro Retinas. But I LOVE my 15" MacBook Pro Retina!!!

----------

This should mean that returns are coming soon.

what do you mean?

Fandongo

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Space
Took a chance pulling the trigger on 2.6/16/256...The day I got it, OWC announced their 512GB upgrade. 256 will make a great external cycling scratch disk, and keep the main internal drive as fresh as possible.

Something to consider.

----------

This should mean that refurbs are coming soon.

Good luck, I have a feeling retina refurbs will be going quicker than apples at a caramel festival...get it? apples!

ugh...
sorry.

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2008
Took a chance pulling the trigger on 2.6/16/256...The day I got it, OWC announced their 512GB upgrade. 256 will make a great external cycling scratch disk, and keep the main internal drive as fresh as possible.

Something to consider.

It's 480GB and I was thinking the exact same thing!

Reddmanz

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2010
Im not surprised... People wary of buying rMBP with all the issues

Did you even read this properly? Its taken them ten weeks to get to almost back to normal stock. Doesn't sound like they're having to give them away...

mikecorp

Suspended
Mar 20, 2008
wifi ac

I'm waiting for 13' retina, ssd, and must have wifi ac to make sure it will be future proof for several years (4-5) to come. and I make sure I beef it up!

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
Innovative how exactly?

They added a higher resolution screen and flash storage ideas from the Air while removing other features.

Isn't that how most products evolve and innovate over time? Increase specs people want, often taken from other products, and then remove things they don't?

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2008
Glad to hear that, my 2.6/16/256 is the same and I also ordered tuesday!

I ordered base with 16GB and a US keyboard. Gah, mine says 7-11 september. I'm really hoping it doesn't come 9/11!

It's a 512 with 32 set aside for data management though isn't it?
aaand Apple's 256 = 250.14 :D
Huh. Just remembered, so used now to thinking of bytes as 1000 and not 1024.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.