Apple Online Support

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applebro, Oct 25, 2015.

1. applebro macrumors member

Is it me or is the online support just terrible?

I'm trying to get my 6 Plus screen fixed. All I want to do is just pay $129 and get it fixed and returned, but i'm having to jump through hoops just to do that. They keep wanting to charge me $367. Someone on chat sent an invoice of $80 to avoid the 367 charge...that was cool...

I sent in the iphone...2 days later I got an email saying I need to pay $129. Alright....go to pay it and the link doesn't work....ugh

Contacted support again. They have to send a new invoice email. Again $367.

Do these online chat guys get commission or something?

I swear it feels like I'm dealing with TigerDirect customer support

20 minutes later they said I need to call Apple.

I'm tempted to just drive the 2 hours to the nearest apple store. Never had an issue with retail stores ever since my 3GS.

didn't think Apple would ever resort to outsourcing...I guess they want to be the new Microsoft.

2. iDanny26 macrumors regular

iDanny26

Sorry to hear of the issues you are facing.

In my experience they have been fairly helpful on chat, however they don't appear to know as much as some people on this forum, for example!

I know it's a long drive, but maybe it's best you go to a store this time. I hope you get this sorted out soon.

3. applebro thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the kind words. I think I'll follow your advice and just make the drive...on the bright side it'll give me an excuse to stop by Microcenter lol

4. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I don't like talking to online support. But when I do, I always tell them not to talk like a robot.

It bugs me that they are so scripted in how they talk too.