Apple only offering $50 back on refurb 8GB

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gukie, Sep 5, 2007.

1. gukie macrumors newbie

I just recieved my refurbed 8GB iPhone today, and of course it drops in price by $150. So I call Apple, one person says I am covered under their price protection plan, transfers me to another dept and they say they are only offering $50 back on the price. This is ridiculous. I ordered it 7 days ago.

2. OH!MAC™ macrumors member

OH!MAC™

hopefully you paid with a debit/credit card that offers a "price protection plan"

3. GTiPhone macrumors regular

dude, IMMEDIATELY call your creidt card company and have them stop the transaction. Apple is screwing so many many people today, its very sad.

4. milo macrumors 604

They will only stop a transaction with legitimate grounds. I don't think there are any grounds there.

Keep talking to apple, worst case you can just return the ipod - even after paying a restocking fee you'll save more than 50. Just tell them if they don't refund the difference, you'll return it. That often works.

5. gukie thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I called back again after I read their price drop policy, and the guy credited me $150 no questions. Just goes to show that some people can be idiots and some are nice.

6. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Apple isn't screwing anyone. Tell me of one, just one, cellphone that didn't have a massive price drop after introduction.

you guys KNEW this would happen. Geez.

7. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

'tis true, the price of my old LG phone was cut in half a couple of months after i got mine. thats when my sister and her husband got them cheap.