Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced it will be opening a new store at Domain Northside in Austin, Texas on Saturday, November 11 at 10:00 a.m. local time.

apple-the-domain.jpg
Apple's current store at The Domain shopping center in Austin, Texas

Apple's nearby store at The Domain should permanently close after business hours on Friday, over 10 years after it originally opened in March 2007. Most employees will presumably transition to the new store.

Domain Northside is a new shopping and dining district of The Domain, an upscale outdoor shopping center in northern Austin. The first of more than 70 stores and restaurants at Domain Northside opened in 2016.

The new store will feature Apple's latest retail design, which typically includes large glass doors, sequoia wood tables and shelves, a large video screen for Today at Apple sessions, and light boxes spanning the length of the ceiling.

All of Apple's stores opened since September 2015 have been based on the updated aesthetic. Apple has also renovated or relocated nearly 50 existing stores around the world as part of the modernization of its retail chain.

Update: MacRumors reader Holden Satterwhite, known as Appleosophy on YouTube and Instagram, has shared a video of Apple Domain Northside's grand opening.

Article Link: Apple Opening New Store at Domain Northside in Austin This Weekend

Last edited:

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
Yet, Apple doesn't open Apple Stores in countries where there is no but has to.

Bigsk8r

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2011
Austin, Texas
I frequent this Apple store, it's extremely busy. I hope the new one is larger..the Microsoft store in the same shopping area is a nice place to relax and enjoy some peace and quiet. :)

Cool.

I just bought my 8+ there two weeks ago. The current location is a great spot, but man that place is always packed. Hopefully, the size and flow are better at the new spot. Will have to stop in over the weekend...

Reactions: WWPD

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013
Is it me or does Apple employ a lot of people for one store? I did notice it many times.. their stores have always been over a crowded, and mostly due to so many employees...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.