Apple opening retail stores in Germany and Switzerland

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Unspeaked, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

Looks like Apple is expanding their retail stores further across Europe:

LINK

2. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

sweeet...i might be going as an exchange student to Germany next year...this would be cool to see.

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Es ist sehr interessant...

So these stores would be different than the Apple stores already in Germany? As I understand it, there are already specialized Apple Stores in Germany, and while they're not "official," the difference is minimal.

I assume this is the site they're talking about: Link
    ...If you look at the Google cache, the Germany and Switzerland locations were added recently.

4. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

Once again...only 4 in canada...and 3 more (montreal, vancouver, edmonton)

5. ogee macrumors 6502

Munich store progress.

I was in Munich again yesterday at the (rumoured) site of the new Apple Store. Progress looks slow to me.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

They build this thing in Munich?

Hmm, seems Gravis (the biggest german Apple retail store chain) has them beat to that too.

Is Munich that Mac centric?

I currently live in Berlin, and a lot of students and people working in the media, have MacBooks or MacBooks Pro. Maybe it's already over saturated.

What the hell.

7. ogee macrumors 6502

the building is half of what was a very big sports store (Schuster), and work has been going on for a long time. Apple is certainly looking for people to work in a store in Munich, there are openings posted on the Apple .DE website http://www.apple.com/jobs/de/store

Gravis moved last year to a larger store in "Am Tal" and during the leopard launch you just couldn't move, they sold out in minutes. Gravis is about 5 minute walk from this building I guess.

8. RalfJodl macrumors newbie

RalfJodl

new APPLE store Munich likely opening 10th december

Apple Store in Munich will likely be opening in the next few days. German Computer Magazine CHIP report on their website:
    http://www.chip.de/news/Apple-Store-Muenchen-Schicker-Shoppingtempel_33873769.html

They say that music artist Laith Al-Deen put a note on his website stating that he will be performing on 10th of december in Apple Retail Store. This information was removed quickly but -as usual- someone already spotted it :D

Check the blue-and-white diamond pattern, made of blue iPod nanos, covering the glass front, a nice homage to the bavarian flag.

[​IMG]

9. smokeonit macrumors newbie

smokeonit

munich is a large city, munich has a large university, munich has tons of media professionals... so what was yuor question???

and the store opening is confirmed, Dec. 10th, 2008... 1st Apple Retail Store in Germany:)

10. ogee macrumors 6502

The opening is this saturday 6th Dec at 10 am.

http://www.apple.com/de/retail/rosenstrasse

1st 2500 visitors get a free shirt :)

11. RalfJodl macrumors newbie

RalfJodl

12. aethelbert macrumors 601

Hmm... They certainly seem to have left out the typical German flair in the grand opening... what a shame.

13. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Looks just like all the other Apple retail store openings.