Apple or AT&T: Does it Matter

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by warburg, Jun 15, 2009.

1. warburg macrumors 6502a

Does it matter if I buy my iphone 3gs at an Apple store or an AT&T store? What would the differences be, if any :confused:

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

None now....

3. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

None, same as if you bought from BestBuy or Walmart or anywhere else. Your warranty and support will still be through Apple.

AT&T may be easier for some who have complicated plans they need to change and upgrade, and it's easier to do that all in one store.

4. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

I can purchase it from Best Buy and if something goes wrong while under warranty, Apple will swap it for a new one on the spot? I've never bought the iPhone from any other place but Apple. But I have several best buys near me.

5. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I bought my 3G from BestBuy last week and they are holding a 3GS for me for Friday so I have not had any issues with my experience.

I did ask them about the Insurance they offer and it is quite a bit of money but you get a lot. It basically covers the phone for everything including a MAC Truck running it over and they will replace it with a Brand New Refurbished phone within 5 days depending on availability. The cost is $14.99 per month, so basically in a year you will spend $150.00 or almost the cost of the phone itself, however not having insurance you would have to pay full retail which is $400-$600.

If your like me I take care of what I have and if I go somewhere where my phone can get ruined, I leave it home, but it is the only insurance option that I know of and Apple/AT&T will not allow AT&T to provide insurance.