Apple or CPW for exchange?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by touchman, Jun 22, 2009.

1. touchman macrumors member

Hi all, my iphone has a loose ringer switch and sleep/hold button and i'm thinking about getting an exchange, my first question is would anyone else bother getting an exchange for these issues, and where would you go to get a replacement, my first 3G was exchange by CPW for major light leak after alot of hassle "it's normal, it's not a fault, ours are like this it's how there made" i politlely explained that it was indeed a fault and they should consider getting replacements also, and my nearest apple store is about 1.30 hours away! So what would you recommend?

2. eh270 macrumors regular

take it to an apple store and show it to someone at the genius bar

3. touchman thread starter macrumors member

4. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

I'm in the exact same situation, loose ringer and nearest Apple store is 3 hours away. I would say CPW, let us know how you get on.

5. touchman thread starter macrumors member

I'm still in two minds, in the past i have found it easier to call CPW customer services and have them make a note on the system, so when you go in store they see the note and are more likely to exchange without looking down on you like they have to pay for the new one.

6. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

CPW as it has got a fault and you brought it from them.

If you have no joy then go to Apple and tell them about your crap CPW experience

7. touchman thread starter macrumors member

What are the chances that a get another one with the same or worse issues, i would have to open about 5 iphones to get a perfect one which is not going to happen lol, tired of bad build quality, i had all this with my 2g :confused:

8. aldude macrumors member

Hello

I ordered my phone through CPW web site and had it delivered on Friday. However, it had a crappy screen.

I took it to Apple and they said that without a Genius engineer appointment, they couldn't do anything, as it was still within 14 days of receiving it - I had to take it to CPW for an exchange. I think the Genius thing is to get a repair (not sure).

So I took it to CPW store round the corner and they replaced it immediately without any fuss.

So, go to CPW!

9. LondonDude89 macrumors newbie

if it's under 28 days old, CPW will replace it on the spot for a warranty fault

If it's outside 28 days, CPW will send it away to Apple, but it will take 14 days to come back. If you arrange a repair with Apple over the phone, it takes 5 working days