Apple or Verizon credit check?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Itsmorowind, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Itsmorowind, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

Itsmorowind macrumors member

Edit: I rephrased this into something easier to read. It's my 3rd post.

2. jjlannoo Suspended

If your getting a verizon phone. I'm sure its verizon checking your credit whether you buy thru them or the apple site.

3. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Verizon and ATT double check your credit and sometimes makes you pay a deposit to open your line, I had a line with Verizon back when the thunderbolt came out and i did not have a problem, but my friend had to paid a deposit, also ordering by apple doesn't aprove you to get an iPhone, so you need to call them and hopefully slide by , good luck

4. Itsmorowind thread starter macrumors member

The credit on the account that I'm trying to open it up through is almost flawless, it shouldnt be a problem. I simply made a mistake with my first order through verizon. So then I switched over to apple while the previous order through verizon was still pending.

Now that I look at it I believe that both e-mails are regarding the first iphone I tried to puchase via Verizon.com Because all of the order numbers/credit check #s, and order reference numbers are the same. The only thing that is different is the date ordered. The first e-mail is says date ordered was 10/7/11. The 2nd email says 10/11/11 (which makes no sense because i ordered on the 7th)

5. Itsmorowind thread starter macrumors member

Perhaps it would help if I rephrased this.

I had originally ordered through Verizon.com After the order I had received an e-mail saying that my line of credit was in question and that I needed to call their 1-800 number. This e-mail also stated that if I didn't call within 7 days then my order would be cancelled. At that point I didn't want to deal with their customer service so I had just decided to order another phone through apple.com.

I ordered through apple, on 10/7 at 3:00 a.m. Everything went smoothly, I go the confirmation e-mail and everything.

The only reason I'm kind of worried is because I got another e-mail from Verizon today saying the exact same thing as the first e-mail I got. ALl of the order numbers are the same and everything. The only difference is the Order date on the new e-mail is 10/11/11 as opposed to 10/7/11 on the first e-mail I sent.

Would it be safe to say that the 2nd email is in regards to the original iphone that I ditched through Verizon.com?

6. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

It would be best to jump on this right away, by leaving the first one in limbo the second is viewed as suspicious. The sooner you clear it up the better your chances are for getting a phone. If the two collide they will cancel your order until they do a full investigation. In this economy credit card fraud is very high. They make every effort to protect you by denying purchases. This type of action is triggered by two credit checks so close together for the same amount.