Apple order question??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phenomkickz, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Phenomkickz macrumors member

1. Is reserved and preorder different?
    2. I have phone reserved with apple but when i go to order status nothing show but i recieved a email stating reservation and a charge of $1 to my account, is this how it suppose to be?
    3. Why was i charged $1 instead of 199?

2. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

very different. Reserved means you have one waiting for you at the apple store you chose. Pre-Order means that they ship it to your house.

The 1 dollar is to check you credit card. You are charged the full amount when you pick it up I think.

3. Phenomkickz thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your answer, but how could ypu preorder if it only said reserve your iphone on the site?

4. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

some people had trouble getting the "add to cart" button to show up which is how you pre-order. I assume that is what happened to you so you just clicked reserve because it was the only button.

5. Phenomkickz thread starter macrumors member

Ok!! Thts wt hapoen i was wondering the whole time , but thanks for your help

6. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

If you reserved, I was not under the impression that you would be charged anything (even $1.00) because you are not really guaranteed a phone (the word going around last night). This would make sense because if you do not pick it up on the 24th, it is not "yours" anymore.

If you reserved and did not pre-order and get charged, I would do some digging!