Apple Order Status

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gingerbread, May 11, 2010.

1. gingerbread macrumors newbie

Every time I've gone to access the online Apple Order Status for the last 10 hours or so, it won't let me in and gives me this error message:

"We're Sorry. A technical difficulty has prevented us from processing your request. Please click here to return to the Apple Online Store."

Then if I login to my account first and then try to access Order Status, it gives me:

"Thank you for shopping at the Apple Online Store. Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems. We apologize for any inconvenience."

As far as I know though, the Order Status should be working fine, it just isn't for me. Does anyone have any idea why I can't access it?

2. oliver5893 macrumors newbie

Order Status

I'm experiencing the same thing, as well as other people that I've asked. Apple may be updating all of the iPad orders with tracking numbers for when they ship.

3. dwright1974 macrumors 6502

dwright1974

+1

I've had my 'order email' and Quidco is saying the order is being tracked so I assume it's all good!

- D

4. gingerbread thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that. Good to know it's not just me. I'm in the UK so my iPad order won't be delivered until the 28th but still may just be a general iPad order problem then.

I pre-ordered the iPad and iPad Case then decided I wanted the iPad Dock too but when I phoned Apple the rep told me they couldn't add it, so I went ahead and ordered it separately. Decided after that to just cancel both of those and order everything again together to save separate shipping costs but couldn't get into Order Status.

Phoned up and cancelled both then re-ordered all 3 items together. Got the cancellation email for the iPad Dock order but not for the original iPad and iPad Case, hence the reason I'd like to get into Order Status to check!

If I can't get in again tomorrow, I'll just have to phone again but would rather have the easy access to my orders online!

5. fulvioroxo macrumors newbie

Same problem

I've payed with credit the Macbook Pro yesterday in the morning. They did'nt send me a confirmation e-mail as they said they would... waited the all day and nothing. Then I tried to search for my order status, and to my unpleasent surprise in my account there was nothing. When I tried to search by the order code and mail code, I received the message:

"Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems."

The worst is that I am living in Europe, with only skype and a mobile, and the phone does'nt accept calls! It's my first apple computer, bad way to start right?

Should I be worried? what do you guys think I should do, wait calmly for another day?

thanks

6. gingerbread thread starter macrumors newbie

7. fulvioroxo macrumors newbie

not for me, I still got this:

"Thank you for shopping at the Apple Online Store
    Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems.

We apologize for any inconvenience."

I am writing from Portugal. Please, if anyone else is having the same issue, register here to reply (its fast)

Thanks

8. danup macrumors newbie

It's not working for me either :(

Same error message, from Spain

9. OliNess macrumors newbie

Same for me, Spain too. Since the 10th...

I contacted by email the person who actually processed my order (MBP) last night to simply get the tracking number to follow the process, but still no news...

Just hope it won't have any effect on the delivery date.:confused:

10. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

Its been down for me for 3 days now. Spain too....

11. OliNess macrumors newbie

Called Apple this morning. The online service should be back on Monday... at least for Spain.:)

12. fulvioroxo macrumors newbie

Received the confirmation e-mail, telling that the product should arrive in the estimated time. The order status dont work yet, but as the above mentioned, it seems that things are back on track again...

13. danup macrumors newbie

Called Apple this morning aswell, they said online service will be back as soon as they start shipping ipads, so... who knows...

Anyway they told me my macbook is comming from China to NL, there they will pack the laptop with the printer and send it to Spain, weird system.

As soon as both things are together they will ship them and will be able to provide me the UPS tracking number, so time to wait...