Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daniel97

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
I placed an order last night (Friday at 9.30pm)

It's expected delivery is Tuesday however it says it still has not shipped.

When and where will I be able to get the UPS tracking info from?

Daniel97

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Anybody ever got it earlier than the expected date?

Says ships within 24 hours so I assume it SHOULD go today.

It's a standard build not custom

ratzzo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2011
Madrid

Whether it's custom or not doesn't affect shipping estimates. If it says it's coming Tuesday... wait for Tuesday to make a thread ;)

ReddDraggon

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2011
North Wales or Manchester

I ordered a MBP early on Thursday and it wasn't dispatched until Late yesterday, which was about 36hrs after ordering.

It's a Saturday today, so yours won't be dispatched today.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
I'm not sure what the big deal is? You have an estimated delivery date of Tuesday and it's only Saturday now.

He's probably my age(22) or younger, seems my generation has a sense of urgency and entitlement embedded in them.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I ordered a MBP early on Thursday and it wasn't dispatched until Late yesterday, which was about 36hrs after ordering.

It's a Saturday today, so yours won't be dispatched today.
Actually there are 2 parts to being "dispatched". The first is Apple packing the order and pushing it across a magic line on their loading dock. It's considered shipped once it goes across that line.

As for delivery services, some of them will do Saturday pickups. Especially for large customers. So it is quite possible that an order will get shipped out today and start on its journey.

As for people asking about orders and delivery right after they're ordered, maybe we need a stickied guide to Apple order processing and shipping?

aery

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2009
Canada

Both Macs that I've had got to me earlier than the expected delivery date (on the tracking info). Either way, it's pretty fast shipping, just be patient.

Daniel97

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
He's probably my age(22) or younger, seems my generation has a sense of urgency and entitlement embedded in them.

I'm 21

Well I'm of that generation too, perhaps I was brought up better?

I was brought up very well however I'm a bit impatient and I saved long and hard to pay for this so it isn't a present or gift. Just quite excited to receive it.

aery

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2009
Canada

Yup, we're living in the age of entitlement.

I'm 22 as well by the way, and I think it's ridiculous the way many of my peers, and people in general, behave when it comes to having everything they want at that very moment.

smartalic34

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
I ordered a custom MBP on Thursday, and it shipped this morning. It is coming from China, but orders can definitely ship out on weekends :)

th3goob

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2011
i ordered my macbook pro (custom) it shipped on the 6th i ordered it on the 4th, and it was here by the 8th, and it said by 7:30 pm i got it at 10:30am. it went from shanghai china to pittsburgh pa in 1 night, i was very impressed with apples fast shipping

smartalic34

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
i ordered my macbook pro (custom) it shipped on the 6th i ordered it on the 4th, and it was here by the 8th, and it said by 7:30 pm i got it at 10:30am. it went from shanghai china to pittsburgh pa in 1 night, i was very impressed with apples fast shipping

Wow I hope my custom MBP gets delivered that quickly! Currently Fedex estimates the 23rd for delivery (ordered the 16th, shipped today)...

crush500

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2011
Virginia
Wow I hope my custom MBP gets delivered that quickly! Currently Fedex estimates the 23rd for delivery (ordered the 16th, shipped today)...
I'm in the same situation. I ordered custom on the 16th and have an estimated delivery of the 23rd.

It'd be nice if it got here before the 23rd but I'm not worried about it. You can't complain about free shipping. It'll get here when it gets here.

smartalic34

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
I'm in the same situation. I ordered custom on the 16th and have an estimated delivery of the 23rd.

It'd be nice if it got here before the 23rd but I'm not worried about it. You can't complain about free shipping. It'll get here when it gets here.

I'm assuming the machine in your sig is what you ordered? Was the only alteration the larger hard drive? That's the same machine I ordered, with the same hard drive! It's the only thing I customized, apart from a displayport adapter :)

crush500

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2011
Virginia
I'm assuming the machine in your sig is what you ordered? Was the only alteration the larger hard drive? That's the same machine I ordered, with the same hard drive! It's the only thing I customized, apart from a displayport adapter :)
Yep. The HDD was the only thing I altered as well.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Usually Apple's shipping estimates are pretty much spot on, or a bit on the pessimistic side of things.

OP, I was just playing with you on the entitlement thing, though I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks this way.

BoBoMaster13

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2011
Ordered mine yesterday, a custom macbook pro 15" (my first mac :)), and it says that it will arrive on the 27-29th. I hope it will arrive sooner.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009

Actually, the shipping part was probably FedEx. They do have a very impressive operation - it's amazing how they move tons of packages throughout their memphis hub and get them out for redelivery the next day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.