Apple OS X Mavericks Looks Better than iOS

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by gadget123, Jun 10, 2013.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

The colours are professional and spot on. IOS looks like a rainbow.

How can it be explained? Why did OS X not get the flat OS too?

2. iFajar macrumors newbie

Yeah... I don't know... I really do like the new interface. iOS is getting more functional. But I have to agree about it being 'rainbow-ey'. If they used more subtle colors, I think it would be more better looking. But still, I have to see it for myself before I can judge it ;) I'm excited for both iOS and OSX nonetheless!

3. joneun macrumors member

It's odd how Apple would just throw their most valuable asset out the window like that. It's never too late to move to Android. This is it, I mean this is really it.

4. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm looking at the Blackberry Z10 it's very IOS like? :)

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

On the bright side, its not released to the public yet. It'd be around 5 to 7 betas...maybe Apple will make a few graphical changes for public release this Fall.

6. MLG macrumors regular

I'm going to wait until I see it in person to say for sure, but it does seem like they took away everything that gives iOS a premium feel, which is what has made it worth putting up with the limited features versus Android.

That's too bad...I agree with the Barbie phone comments. The old style looks vastly more polished and adult in my eyes. Ironically, I've been running iOS style icons on my Android phone for months and will be able to continue to...whereas Apple doesn't give people an option. While they did add some nice new features, to me it seems cheaper looking, sparse, and almost childish. At the very least they should give more customization options including the ability to use the prior icon set.

It seems like several of the phony mockups by independent people were much much better design options than what Apple came up with. Is this really the best Apple can do? And still no widgets, no swipe type keyboard, and not enough customization. What's it going to take for Apple to realize they will have to do this...they are giving it away to Google.

7. xcodeaddict macrumors 6502a

xcodeaddict

Context dear, context. iPhone is a phone - flat works well for touch... think deeper man...

8. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

Totally agree.

Apple use to appeal to business users like Blackberry..now they have had a few blunders with phones too but the Z10 looks everything IOS7 isn't? I genuinely think this change is time to exit the Apple phone market for me.

Most agree the icons and colouring is worst.

----------

I don't get the need for Ibooks on OS X either.

9. lupinglade macrumors regular

Yup, its bad. The iOS 7 UI is dull... bland... and unusable. They took out all of the character the software had (PS. I'm glad to see the skeumorphism go) and made it all minimalistic. Combined with the minimalistic hardware this makes the entire product dull. The software should be what livens up the hardware, but that is not true of iOS 7. Very disappointing.

10. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

Bland yes..only the flat icons other than that's not bland or dull its bright, in your face, stand out like.. horrible ..:eek:

11. xcodeaddict macrumors 6502a

xcodeaddict

Wait - I just thought - NONE OF YOU HAVE IT YET!

:D Stop whining.

12. lupinglade macrumors regular

Exactly. Yeah, I just don't have any words... its awful. Android has a clear lead now and will be taking over easily.

13. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

Problem is theres too many Android phones and no decent hardware. Galaxy sort of leads but it's not everybodys cup of tea. HTC all seem the same..Sony seem the strongest to me.

14. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

15. ozone macrumors 6502

ozone

No kidding... I love the new UI. All the "fancy, adult" icons were getting clumsy to look at. :eek: I want a clean interface to work with: wood look, leather look, hyper-realistic details? Pretty, but there's a practical limit to everything. The current iOS is getting a very stale 80s feel to it, and just like big hair, it's time for a hair cut. :D

16. lupinglade macrumors regular

No actually I've met him and I'm not a big fan of his work either. But compared to this his work was much better, much as I hate to admit it.

----------

I'd have to say if anything is 80's its this "new" look. DOS/Windows 2.0 at high resolution.

Its not actually flat either, there are many places where it is not flat, where there are shadows, embosses and blurs and other weird distortions.